Best sway bar end links? Upgrading to Hellwig bars...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarred

Reaction score
I have seen the moog links but mixed reviews. I've seen the Hellwig adjustable but not sure I want to mess with all that and they're freaking expensive. Any other options you've seen? Going on a 2020 max.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've tried several, I went back to the Energy suspension setup. I had the Moog end links but I had clanking in it, no matter how hard I cranked things down. Went back to the ES setup and things have been great.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMO, go with Energy Suspension. Have them myself up front & the Moog w/ zerk fittings in the rear (had to re-grease them once a year or they make noise)

OP
OP
J

Jarred

Reaction score
Thank you gents. Now my next question. I have looked and found what look like universal end links for energy suspension, and I don't see any specific to the expedition. Would any of you happen to have part numbers? Thanks either way!

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you gents. Now my next question. I have looked and found what look like universal end links for energy suspension, and I don't see any specific to the expedition. Would any of you happen to have part numbers? Thanks either way!
I forget the model number but the ones you order need to be cut by like 3/4 inch. EDIT SEE POST BELOW ITS 1/2 INCH

I believe in the main hellwig sway bar thread a member posted the model number and what to trim off.

Last edited:

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5280tunage said:
I realize this isn't my rear sway bar, but it's my front end links. I did the Energy Suspension kit (part number 9.8121G) on the front. These things are nice and beefy and I like that they have polyurethane bushings top and bottom of each connection. Now technically I had to modify them a bit, the bolts are the right length but the bushings are so stiff, that I couldn't actually get the nut on the top (because there was no good way of compressing them enough), so I ended up cutting about 3/4" off of each of the metal spacers that go in the center. This actually lined up the bar a little better too (more parallel). If I had to do it again, I would have only cut 1/2" off, this means a decent amount of threads are exposed on top unfortunately once you crank it down. An alternative would have been to get longer bolts but I couldn't find 9" by 3//8"/16 grade 5 or 8 bolts anywhere near me.

Here's a before and after. So far I like it, took it for a drive, no knocks or noises yet, will recheck nut tightness in a couple days. Way stronger than the stock stuff

Here is the info from other thread.... it's a 1/2 inch not 3/4