Best Tire option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freitz

Reaction score
2018 XLT with Tow Package so 3.77 gears
20" hankook dynapro atm have 30K Miles on them.

Tires seem to have gotten loud and bouncy.

Looking for a quieter smoother ride. Leaning toward Michelin LTX M/S 2's I think is what they are called.

Wouldn't mind an AT since in Maryland we get pretty decent winters where. Travel up north for a good bit during the winter as well.

Keeping stock Rims. 275 55 20

What has everyone else gone with?

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Dynapros are getting worn pretty good. I can run this season with them and then flip over to my winters and rims. But next summer I will need new ones. Currently have my eye on:

• Toyo Proxes S-T
  • Toyo Proxes ST III
  • Continental Cross Contact LX20
  • Yoko Prada Spec X PA02
Just need to make sure they have XL load available.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 XLT with Tow Package so 3.77 gears
20" hankook dynapro atm have 30K Miles on them.

Tires seem to have gotten loud and bouncy.

Looking for a quieter smoother ride. Leaning toward Michelin LTX M/S 2's I think is what they are called.

Wouldn't mind an AT since in Maryland we get pretty decent winters where. Travel up north for a good bit during the winter as well.

Keeping stock Rims. 275 55 20

What has everyone else gone with?
I would recommend nitro terra grapplers g2. Best of both worlds with quietness and all terrain capability. Michelin’s are nice too though

OP
OP
F

freitz

Reaction score
I would recommend nitro terra grapplers g2. Best of both worlds with quietness and all terrain capability. Michelin’s are nice too though

Really Nittos over a Michelin? Never had Nittos, I'm coming from German Crossovers and Sedans. Typically went Conti's.

OP
OP
F

freitz

Reaction score
My Dynapros are getting worn pretty good. I can run this season with them and then flip over to my winters and rims. But next summer I will need new ones. Currently have my eye on:

• Toyo Proxes S-T
  • Toyo Proxes ST III
  • Continental Cross Contact LX20
  • Yoko Prada Spec X PA02
Just need to make sure they have XL load available.

How many miles on yours. 30K not bad IMO but again Run flats and performance tires barely made it 20k.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Dynapros suuuuuck. I had two unrepairable flats in the first 10k miles. I always ran Michelins on my F150 and never had any problems....will by flipping to those when it's time to pull these crappy Hankooks.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How many miles on yours. 30K not bad IMO but again Run flats and performance tires barely made it 20k.

Hard to tell exactly as I run winters and steel rims. I would say the Dyna's have about 50,000 kms on them. My expy has about 76,000kms on the odo.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Dynapros suuuuuck. I had two unrepairable flats in the first 10k miles. I always ran Michelins on my F150 and never had any problems....will by flipping to those when it's time to pull these crappy Hankooks.
I understand why most new cars and trucks come with the likes of Kumho, Hankook, etc the lowest bidder....but I really find that more often than not these OE tires always wear quickly. on a 80K rig they should be equipped with Michelins or similar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK