Big Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The brakes on these seem pretty stout, granted I don't tow but loaded with 8 people and every square inch of space stuffed with something I've never felt they are inadequate even in an emergency stop situation.

I am curious however if a big brake kit would give a significant enhancement in stopping? Obviously if it stops 1 inch shorter and thats the inch you need to not make contact its worth its weight in gold but can the tires give you the grip you need to bring it down quickly or will the abs struggle with the newfound power? It seems excessive but if you're going to randomly throw money into a truck at least its a tangible, potentially lifesaving change rather than a 6" lift or 26" wheels.

Honestly have no idea, not an engineer.

I'm all for the upgrading older vehicles into the modern times. It throws people for a loop everytime they see me wireless charge my phone and talk to my 2003.

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have driven cars with big brake kits and they have better stopping power and you can feel it on the brake pedal. When I'm fully loaded with kids, luggage and a trailer I feel the braking is alittle too soft and I would like to have the better stop powering. I feel like the brakes are just adequate for these big truck and I don't know why the manufacturer doesn't give the option to add a big brake kit, but if a aftermarket performance company like Saleen, Shelby, SVT, SRT add small performance parts they will give the option for Brembo brakes. I mean hell you can buy Mustang GT with 6 pistons Brembo, Dodger Charger SRT, Range Rover Sport and the list will go on. If I had any Chevy truck or suv I could do big brake kit swap from a Corvette Brembo 6 piston factory setup and just buy the caliper brackets and call it a day.

Brandon K

Reaction score
When you change the brakes I'll buy the stock calipers and mounting brackets off of you. 07 and up apparently have bigger rotors and calipers than my 06 so I'm exploring if that would be a super cheap big brake kit for the 2nd gen. If the calipers can bolt up ill get some fancy 07+ slotted rotors and call it good.

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I reached out to(Baer Brakes) https://baer.com/Eradispeed-Rotors-F150-04-08/ as well about using there Eradispeed Rotors with other big brake manufactures like Brembo, Alcon, R1 Motorsports, StopTech, Wilwood and a few other. They said the rotors can be used on all caliper types 6 piston or 4 piston. They also said that the caliper mounting brackets are $85.00 each that Baer Brakes sells. He also said that more the likely other manufacture have the same universal caliper mounting brackets since the brackets Baer sell can be used with there 6 piston caliper or with the factory Ford caliper in order to use the 15" rotor on the eradispeed kits they sell that come with 15" 1 piece rotors, caliper relocation brackets. So I'm going to order the caliper brackets and see if the Brembo caliper will line up with the 15" rotor and the factory rotor I have from Stoptech.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I reached out to(Baer Brakes) https://baer.com/Eradispeed-Rotors-F150-04-08/ as well about using there Eradispeed Rotors with other big brake manufactures like Brembo, Alcon, R1 Motorsports, StopTech, Wilwood and a few other. They said the rotors can be used on all caliper types 6 piston or 4 piston. They also said that the caliper mounting brackets are $85.00 each that Baer Brakes sells. He also said that more the likely other manufacture have the same universal caliper mounting brackets since the brackets Baer sell can be used with there 6 piston caliper or with the factory Ford caliper in order to use the 15" rotor on the eradispeed kits they sell that come with 15" 1 piece rotors, caliper relocation brackets. So I'm going to order the caliper brackets and see if the Brembo caliper will line up with the 15" rotor and the factory rotor I have from Stoptech.
Damn your brakes are going to be more expensive than what your truck is worth!

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The brackets are only $170.00 plus tax. Calipers I found from the wrecking yard are $450.00, Goodridge brake line F&B $110.00 plus tax, 15" rotor I found so far between $200-$300 per rotor.

If I can put a bbk for under a $1000 I would be happy with better braking performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Called and talked to Brembo and the original guy I spoke with is on vacation. I tried to get the correct caliper bracket part number and they would not give it to me. I also tried to email my request to Brembo via email: https://www.racetechnologies.com/contact/replacement-parts they would not give me the part number or allow me to order it. So I reached out to an authorized Brembo dealer and he said he can get me the part number for the caliper mounting brackets from the 2009-2015 F150 Brembo kit 1J1.9009A2. I will update everyone once I the part number verified and a price.

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called Brembo and the said they don't know if calipers from Range Rover Sport, GT350, GT500 caliper will line up and they are 16'' caliper and will use rotor from 15''-16''. They did say that the caliper brackets are about $500.00 each, so $1000 for a pair. Which is crazy to me. I don't know why it is so difficult to do a swap on these Ford F150/Expeditions. The damn F150 is the most popular truck out here hands down, but yet know one can do a swap like you can with all the Chevy, GMC and Cadillac trucks. I have friends that have use Corvette Brembo, Cadillac ATS Brembo swaps on Toyota FRS, Honda, Acura and etc.... I want to make a cheap kit if possible for under a $1000. I don't want to spend over $2000 which I find to be over priced to do a front BBK.

I did find some information that said you could possibly use StopTech or Wilwood caliper mounting brackets can be used with Brembo calipers. I did call Baer and they charge $85.00 per side for caliper mounting brackets , Alcon brackets are $220.00 per side, but the problem is if it doesn't line up I spent money I can't get back. I wish I could buy it all and see if it fits and return it if it doesn't not. I know this company https://ctsvbrakeswap.com/ makes bracket for Chevy, Nissan, Subaru and a few other and they all use Brembo calipers. I guess as a last resort I could have some CNC made by a local shop and see what the cost might be.