Big Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if I could use the Brembo 6 Piston Caliper from a 2010-2017 Range Rover Sport or Mustang 2015 and up and if it would fit on a 2010 Ford Expedition. I was able to find the bracket part number for Wilwood, StopTech and brembo. I can find used bbk on ebay and local salvage and wrecking yards. I wanted to save some money and get a used calipers and just buy stop tech rotors and stainless steel lines and call it a day.

Traveler

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

no MORE_MPG

Reaction score
Lynnii2,
When you are ready to, I would greatly appreciate having those part numbers you mentioned!

Also, do you know yet what size wheels will be required to fit those bigger disks and calipers?

I really like the idea of reducing the stopping distance!

Thanks for your efforts!

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if I could use the Brembo 6 Piston Caliper from a 2010-2017 Range Rover Sport or Mustang 2015 and up and if it would fit on a 2010 Ford Expedition. I was able to find the bracket part number for Wilwood, StopTech and brembo. I can find used bbk on ebay and local salvage and wrecking yards. I wanted to save some money and get a used calipers and just buy stop tech rotors and stainless steel lines and call it a day.

I emailed and called StopTech and asked if the made rear brackets or Big Brake Kit for the rear. They advised me I would get an email back once they do some research. I was able to find out that the 2007-2008 Ford F-150 SALEEN S331 had Big Brake kit made by StopTech with 15'' rotor and was the same kit on the mustang saleen 15'' rotor just different brackets.

StopTech Front Brackets #36.332.8619 for 15'' rotors

I found two part number for Wilwood

Wilwood Front Brackets # 250-15056 or 250-15055 for 15.50'' rotors
Wilwood Rear Brackets # 250-15274 or 250-15275 for 14.25 '' rotors

I reached out to Brembo to confirm the bracket numbers. I also asked brembo if the 2010-2014 Range Rover Sport 6 piston front caliper would fit 2007-2017 Ford Expedition and or 2008-2017 F150.

The 2005-2014 Mustang GT500 made by Brembo has 15'' rotors and would fit the Expedition and F150 I just need to know if I need brackets or if it is a direct bolt on.

So i'm just waiting for Stoptech and Brembo to confirm the information. I see this brake kit on ebay, salvage and wrecking yard all the time. All I would need is a rebuild kit and then have them repainted and coated. I just want to save some money if possible. My truck has been very good to me for the last 9 yrs. My wife and I looked at the new trucks and I just don't want to pay the price tag. I would rather pay my mortgage down or buy rental property before I pay for an overprices truck new or used, so I have already bought new interior seats, door panels from a wrecked expedition. My dad and I will just rebuild the motor when it fails, but so far with 203,000 miles it runs like it did when I bought back in 2012 for $20,000

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

Are you racing it? No need for a big break kit unless you’re driving it like a Ferrari all the time

no MORE_MPG

Reaction score
Each to their own. I for one, would be glad to cut 10 feet off of the 60 - 0 stopping distance any day, though while towing, this could be a big deal.
The questions that remain, for me, are the cost and wheel diameter requirements. If it costs $3,000 (1/3 of the purchase price of the whole thing) and then requires larger wheels, it may not be for me.

Lynnii2, Thanks for the part numbers! I look forward to learning more about the options!

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't race, but the stock brake are terrible and it would be nice to have the add stopping power especially when towing. I did find this that would help answer your question. StopTech has 2 option for the F150 which is ST-60 & ST-65 - 6 Piston Caliper for Front Kits and the Mustang 2015 and up use ST-60 brake calipers. So I think I could use StopTech brackets with either caliper if I can find a use StopTech caliper.

The Range Rover sport 2010- 2014, Mustang GT 2015 and up, GT500 are factory Brembo 6 piston are able to be found all over since people (ebay, wrecking and salvage yards) for a cheap price. I would just need to buy brackets, pads and stainless steel lines and could have a big brake kit for under $1000.00. I think you need 18'' rims and up if you go with Mustang Calipers Brembo and 19'' Range Rover Sport Brembo calipers. The same for StopTech.

I have 2010 Ford Expedition Limited with factory 20'' rims with 275/55/20, but I also have a set of 24'' rims with 295/35/24 so I would not have a problem fitting the calipers.

https://www.bodykits.com/i-24319200-ford-f150-stoptech-big-brake-kit.html

Last edited:

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't race, but the stock brake are terrible and it would be nice to have the add stopping power especially when towing. I did find this that would help answer your question. StopTech has 2 option for the F150 which is ST-60 & ST-65 - 6 Piston Caliper for Front Kits and the Mustang 2015 and up use ST-60 brake calipers. So I think I could use StopTech brackets with either caliper if I can find a use StopTech caliper.

The Range Rover sport 2010- 2014, Mustang GT 2015 and up, GT500 are factory Brembo 6 piston are able to be found all over since people (ebay, wrecking and salvage yards) for a cheap price. I would just need to buy brackets, pads and stainless steel lines and could have a big brake kit for under $1000.00. I think you need 18'' rims and up if you go with Mustang Calipers Brembo and 19'' Range Rover Sport Brembo calipers. The same for StopTech.

I have 2010 Ford Expedition Limited with factory 20'' rims with 275/55/20, but I also have a set of 24'' rims with 295/35/24 so I would not have a problem fitting the calipers.

https://www.bodykits.com/i-24319200-ford-f150-stoptech-big-brake-kit.html
Let’s see a picture of the truck

no MORE_MPG

Reaction score
Hi Lynnii2,
Currently. I have 18's. I don't want to go bigger as I plan to take it to the beach and expect that I'll do better with the higher profile tires when aired down.
I hope that you are able to find all of the parts that you need for a reasonable price! I have respect for your goal of keeping it running rather than buying another.

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been lucky and had no problems with it since my wife and I bought it. I do all my own maintenance and oil change every 7,500 miles with full synthetic oil. My truck is fully loaded with every option available for 2010. I Just replaced the my factory nav and tv with aftermarket Pioneer nav unit and 12'' flip down for the kids to still watch movie on long trips. I mean it's cheaper to keeper then start over and have payments from $600-$1000 a month for a truck to sit outside 8-10 hours a day while I work and drive home to sit some more while I sleep. I know a lot of people who refi there home to buy trucks in cash. I don't need to keep up with the Jones I like taking family vacation, I like having extra spending money especially with these hard times and people losing there jobs or out of work.

Last edited: