Biggest tires that fit on stock 2022 Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These trucks really do look good with just a slight increase in tire size! Heck they look good stock too. Follow up question for those that have been kind enough to answer me - can you fit a spare of the same size under the truck?
Depends on the use for the spare. If you are overlanding far away and plan to use the spare as a replacement for many many miles, or just to get to a place to fix it?

I carry plugs and a compressor. In the past on other vehicles when I got a flat I would see it deflating, find the nail or screw and fix it in minutes without even removing the tire. Massive blow outs of course would require to use the spare and I only plan to drive to a place to get a new tire. The difference in height is not a big deal for the diff or computer. But I do plant to pull my spare and check the clearances for curiosity and I will post the results.

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
Taking the Readylift (buy 2 kits to get the 1.5 pucks) would work.
Can someone explain this, or direct me to where I can find more detailed information about it? Looking for part numbers so I can cost it out and start saving up. I think if the Timberline is already about an inch over stock, then about another 1.5" would be "just right" .... Now all I need is the money for the mild lift and the larger tires to fill that space up. (Mentally spending money I don't have, on modifying a truck I haven't seen yet, which hasn't even been scheduled for shipping, let alone made it to the dealer yet.... ha!)

ak49

Reaction score
Can someone explain this, or direct me to where I can find more detailed information about it? Looking for part numbers so I can cost it out and start saving up. I think if the Timberline is already about an inch over stock, then about another 1.5" would be "just right" .... Now all I need is the money for the mild lift and the larger tires to fill that space up. (Mentally spending money I don't have, on modifying a truck I haven't seen yet, which hasn't even been scheduled for shipping, let alone made it to the dealer yet.... ha!)
Here you go...

ak49

Reaction score
These trucks really do look good with just a slight increase in tire size! Heck they look good stock too. Follow up question for those that have been kind enough to answer me - can you fit a spare of the same size under the truck?
The topic of larger spare tires has been posted a few time on this forum. It seems as though a 295/70r18 may be the biggest tire possible without too much modification. Unclip a wiring harness and maybe deflate a bit. That said, there seems to be some debate over whether a matching spare is all that necessary. Plugs and a compressor, or limited use of an undersized spare on the front end for a short run. :shrug:

rgbpixels

Reaction score
I put 295/70/18 BFG KO2’s on mine this week. Everything stock, no rubbing.
Hi badfish. Do you have any photos or updates? I went to two car places and they said 275/70/18 were the largest but took no measurements

badfish

Reaction score
Hi badfish. Do you have any photos or updates? I went to two car places and they said 275/70/18 were the largest but took no measurements

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 25

greenmachine23

Reaction score
Hi badfish—any updates after a few months of running on the bigger tires? I have a ‘23 Timberline same color as yours. Want to upgrade tires but hate rubbing. You are not running spacers, correct?

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its all about rim offset. I run 305/70/17 very wide tires with zero poke and zero rub.