Blacked out some of my Tan....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Finally got around to plastidipping some of my tan... Whatcha think? I like it. Still need to do the front and rear bumper covers, but I think it look pretty good.

IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn I need to do mine.... that looks great.... hey I'm jealous of your expy now

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks real good...@ walnutz...thats the last thing you prob need to do and youre done

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much redder the red looks now. It used to have a wine look to it, but this made quite a difference.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The black makes a huge difference, if I get a gravity feed spray gun im going to paint mine a sexy gloss black, the rustoleum is starting to turn white around the edges :(

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'll post up some more pics when I do the front and rear. Just got so damn windy today, had to stop.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you remove the trim and paint it separately or did you tape it and paint it on there? I bought a couple cans at Home Depot yesterday and plan on doing mine this afternoon maybe. Also, when I was at home depot I tested the PD and it did seem to run / drip a bit. As such I'm wondering how far to hold the can away from the object and whether I want to do two of three sweeping layers or what...never done anything like this before but I'm excited!!!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how tuff does that PD feel??? trying to get multiple peoples reviews before I paint mine either in PD or bedliner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcason94