Blacked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
finally got around to blacking out my wheels with Plastidip. I have to say, it makes my truck look a lot better. next project will be blacking out the wheel well trim & bumpers. but for now i'm happy w/ the new look.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 974
  • Jacked up.jpg
    Jacked up.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 4,878
  • Right side done.jpg
    Right side done.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 778
  • Left side done.jpg
    Left side done.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 887
  • Left side at night 2.jpg
    Left side at night 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 464

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great, and awesome product. I just did mine yesterday. I know a few people on here that have done the trim in all black. I know I did my bumpers and mirrors in white and turned out just as good. Will be looking forward to seeing future projects.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great, and awesome product. I just did mine yesterday. I know a few people on here that have done the trim in all black. I know I did my bumpers and mirrors in white and turned out just as good. Will be looking forward to seeing future projects.

hey thanks for the idea of doing the side mirrors. just out of curiousity, how many coats & cans did you use on your bumpers? i also blacked out my trailer hitch as it was discolored.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
picture.jpg

I blacked out my mirror caps. I only put 2-3 coats on them. For my bumpers it took me about a can and a half with 2-3 coats. Basically I just did enough to get the black to cover evenly. I did not add more after that. (I know you weren't asking me originally but I figured I'd put in my .02 haha)

Last edited:
OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
picture.jpg

I blacked out my mirror caps. I only put 2-3 coats on them. For my bumpers it took me about a can and a half with 2-3 coats. Basically I just did enough to get the black to cover evenly. I did not add more after that. (I know you weren't asking me originally but I figured I'd put in my .02 haha)

Hey F&P, thanks for your $.02, :happy107: i currently have 3 coats on my wheel & was thinking about addin' at least another coat or 2 just to help w/ the durability. i know 1 thing, Plastidip is a hot product, b/c i went to 2 different Lowe's up here & both out of stock, so i went to Home Depot & bought the last 3 cans they had.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah thats a good idea. I have one back wheel that I will need to redo because it began to peel around the lug nuts. Still for the cost of the investment it is worth redoing now and then.