Blacked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To tell you the truth I originally thought you did the body in the dark picture... I see you did the rims... looks great... They will give you about 6 months and then peel and redo... with those old rims it might be wise to just spray paint them black and wet sand any orange peel... they look great though... I did the same thing with mine and loved it...

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just did mine this past weekend in black and put about 5-6 coats on them. It took about 4 cans to do them all. Made sure I gave it about 6-10 minutes between coats and made sure it was warm outside when I did it. I also scrubbed them down with wheel cleaner as best I could before hand and sprayed the inside of the rims on the back with high temp black caliper paint to make it a finished look. I should have the pics posted up to check out.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To tell you the truth I originally thought you did the body in the dark picture... I see you did the rims... looks great... They will give you about 6 months and then peel and redo... with those old rims it might be wise to just spray paint them black and wet sand any orange peel... they look great though... I did the same thing with mine and loved it...

when i orinally planned on doing this i washed my wheels to get the brake dust, dirt & grime off, but of course something came up, so i ended up doing them a week later. worked out better for me b/c it was good & HOT when i did 'em last week, so it didn't take long to dry & reapply the next coat.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just did mine this past weekend in black and put about 5-6 coats on them. It took about 4 cans to do them all. Made sure I gave it about 6-10 minutes between coats and made sure it was warm outside when I did it. I also scrubbed them down with wheel cleaner as best I could before hand and sprayed the inside of the rims on the back with high temp black caliper paint to make it a finished look. I should have the pics posted up to check out.

Only, i checked out your picks the other day & i like the F-150 wheel Plastidip look! i know the next time when i do it, i will make sure i clean the wheels a little better & may do the high temp coat on the back as well. Good Look! :favorites13:

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question....will the Plastidip hold up to road salt?
Thanks

i'm not sure, but i guess i will find out this winter & they salt the HELL out of the roads here. i think i have read somewhere on here that it does. i'm assumin' the more coats you have, the better...@ least that's my theory!