"blind spot detection with cross traffic" fault in the rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Big downpour today with tornado watch; when it was coming down in sheets blind spot and cross-traffic alerts came on. I have the Weathertech flaps front and back.
Radar will still fault if it’s coming down that hard.
Weathertech does help, but not for that level of rain.

litaz1

Reaction score
I live in an area with a lot of rain and I get those alerts almost weekly in the rainy seasons. Just gotta actually use your mirrors old school way

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 never gets this alert. I live in South Florida where we get lots of heavy rain showers.

I did notice that my Mother in law’s Volvo gave false blind spot alerts in the rain last week. It was very frustrating.

AofJ

Reaction score
I got fed up with this issue, weathertech mudflaps fixed it. The design is poor where the sensors are located. All the rain water from road shoots up into the back bumper, mud flaps fixed that, in really heavy rain you will still get the error due to radar readings but it’s cut back error message by 80%+ with this fix.
We had the same problems except it never cleared. Took the expy into the dealership twice. Last time they took the whole thing apart. The back of the sensors were covered in mud and snow debris. They said it’s our fault due to how/where we drive. You mean off the dirt roads we live on? Anyways, cost over $800 to fix.
Bottom line is it’s a crappy design. Installing mud flaps this fall before it snows.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone help us with the locations that the sensors are mounted? I am seeing the same issues in heavy rain.