blind spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harleytrike

Reaction score
Is there a chime for your blind spot mears on a 2021 expedition xlt fx4 to turn on or off.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2019 and there is no sound on the blind spot. You just see the orange dot light up.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sadly Ford does not have a chime that sounds when the blind spot is active and the turn signal is on. Chrysler does and it's really nice.

GM has the chime with turn signal on feature for the blind spot monitor (when active) on some vehicles - a nice feature.

Ford is often behind-the-times with the lack of features on some of their upper-end vehicles (when compared to other manufacturers).

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2019 and there is no sound on the blind spot. You just see the orange dot light up.

My 2015 Expedition Limited with the BLIS system is the same.

The orange dot in the exterior mirrors are very small - about the diameter of a #2 pencil eraser. If the headlamps are on during the daytime (think rain or cloudy) - the tiny orange dot dims - making it harder to see.

Mlarv

Reaction score
I for one am glad they don't have a chime. I rented a Toyota once with all the chimes going off for this and that, I was about to find the speaker and puncture it. I also had a Audi rental that would chime when someone was in my blind spot. Worked really well in Long Island traffic with cars on both sides of me, they chimed so much it was almost in sync with the radio station I had on. Nope I just look in both mirrors and see for my self.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I for one am glad they don't have a chime. I rented a Toyota once with all the chimes going off for this and that, I was about to find the speaker and puncture it. I also had a Audi rental that would chime when someone was in my blind spot. Worked really well in Long Island traffic with cars on both sides of me, they chimed so much it was almost in sync with the radio station I had on. Nope I just look in both mirrors and see for my self.
On Chrysler products the chime is configurable (on/off and volume) in the radio settings.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This. Rented a 4Runner and I had to turn off the chime after about 2 miles. Good LORD how do people drive with that on?!?!

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I get a "bush approaching from the left" notice and chime when backing into my driveway. Yeah it really says "vehicle" but there ain't anything but a well rooted stationary 18" high bush on the left. Chime works there but I've never noted any chime with the turn signals so I'm guessing the bush warning is part of the backup warning system.

-- Chuck