Blinking check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just because you do doesn't mean it's recommended. The Ford guidance is replace spark plugs every 105K miles. Having 95K on the unit is close so if having issues, could make sense.
I never said it was recommended but the hp and mpgs don't change a bit on mine. These plugs are like tires, they start wearing on day one.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never said it was recommended but the hp and mpgs don't change a bit on mine. These plugs are like tires, they start wearing on day one.

When you say "Passed due" it's what you imply. I'm at about 85K and haven't had any power issues or MPG loss. Can't agree plugs are like tires. That's a strange comparison. Plugs are more like light bulbs to me. They work or they don't. Changing them every 30K - wow. But to each their own.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you say "Passed due" it's what you imply. I'm at about 85K and haven't had any power issues or MPG loss. Can't agree plugs are like tires. That's a strange comparison. Plugs are more like light bulbs to me. They work or they don't. Changing them every 30K - wow. But to each their own.

You are overdue also. Did you think the plugs degrade in intervals? They start degrading from day one. You might think you don't have mpg and hp loss but it's like aging; you don't really notice it. See what happens when you put new ones in.

Plati

Reaction score
Ford says to never change your trans fluid too.
on what year and where does "Ford" say that?
is that yer buddy Harold Ford or Ford the auto manufacturer?
my 2014 ... ford owners manual says change tranny fluid & filter at 150K

I'm a 75% guy so I'll change mine around 110K

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on what year and where does "Ford" say that?
is that yer buddy Harold Ford or Ford the auto manufacturer?
my 2014 ... ford owners manual says change tranny fluid & filter at 150K

I'm a 75% guy so I'll change mine around 110K
150k is as good as never. Look what Maculoco says on U tube.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I think it just depends on how the vehicle is used. Highway mileage on a vehicle is much easier than urban and towing. If the vehicle is primarily used for light duty the manual interval is probably fine. Most of the issues I've heard relate to the engine. Haven't heard anything bad about the tranny.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But when then
I think it just depends on how the vehicle is used. Highway mileage on a vehicle is much easier than urban and towing. If the vehicle is primarily used for light duty the manual interval is probably fine. Most of the issues I've heard relate to the engine. Haven't heard anything bad about the tranny.
But when they miss a beat it costs a bunch. I know a guy that walked out his front door and kept going due to a trans failure at the wrong time............now homeless.

Plati

Reaction score
You need help with the basics ... we'll start you here and work up.

1+1=2

once you understand that, you can proceed farther
work on it