Blower barely blows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventure 7

Reaction score
Ok I have 1997 Ford Expedition Eddie bauer 5.4 edition . My front blower barely blowa any air . The rear blows work fine .

But something weird happens when i turn on the blower in the front , The lights on the dashboard go dim almost to the point of being off. Plus the turn signal lights go on .the don't blink they stay on .When ints on low the blinkers work but turn the blower on hi the lights don't blink .

there is hEAT COMING OUT OF THE VENTS , but just barely .

any ideas as to what it could be. Are the climate controls on the same curcuit as the turn signals ?

Thanks for the help

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any auto/electric shop can test the blower motor, if you are not familiar with testing electric motors.

Or, just replace the motor. Cost of motor is about $26- $32 from RockAuto.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A bad blower motor will not turn on other circuits. What you are describing is what happens when electricity finds another path back to the source other than what is intended.
Since you are in the north and have salt issues during winter, the first place I would check is all the ground locations behind the kick panels. If they are not "clean and bright" you may need to relocate them.