Blowing 30 amp starter fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lenny870

Reaction score
Hey folks...I posted about a no start no crank issue I'm having last evening. I had the battery tested and it's good. Replaced the starter and had the new one tested before leaving AutoZone. Put it on and still have a click at the relay but that's it. I checked all the fuses and found a 30 am maxifuse blown. I replaced it and tried to start it and it blew the new one as soon as I tried to start it. Has anyone had any experience with this who can help me out?

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May help (?):

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Inspect the starter relay and it's socket in the fusebox, for any signs of burning or melted plastic. You can swap those three relays on that line with each other since they are the same part number. I've attached the starting circuit wiring diagram if you want to inspect all wiring. Are you the original owner ? Just wondering if a previous owner was having starting issues and stood on the starter for an extensive period and maybe melted the relay or socket.

kM3qOI.jpg

Attachments

• Ford Expy Gen2 Starting Circuit.pdf
    57.6 KB · Views: 0