BlueCruise 1.2 update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb22EXP

Reaction score
Honestly idk. I'm also on the navigator forum and ppl are pissed and rightfully so about the same thing, no updates and no communication. Ford hasn't truly confirmed updates for expy, but they did with the nav and nothing. I kind of just put two and two together tbh. I feel like ford already knew blc was spotty with this platform, but got it to work as a beta, but it became unusable in its newer iterations for the platform so they just gave up on it and focused on getting it right on the remodel. That or ford just doesn't give a shit and lied to hundreds of thousands of consumers and dealers to sell an overpriced, aging product.
Appreciate the info. Well if it is the latter, they got me! I had watched videos of the update and was really impressed so figured I could get it and just wait to 1.2. Fordpass folks are supposed to give me a call back so hopefully there is some real info but I doubt it.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@sixstring @jb22EXP Just so you know our family original looked at the Suburban and the Yukon before placing our custom order for the Ford Expedition. GM has pretty much removed all but one 12v outlet in the whole vehicle, and replaced them with underpowered USB ports. The only 12v outlet isn't too easily accessible. I was told the 120VAC outlet isn't actually 400W either and people are having issues with it. Plus they are getting rid of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. We would have loved GM SuperCruise, but can't believe a company would go that far to cripple everything else in the vehicle. As far as I'm concerned, GM sells crippled vehicles on purpose. Look at Jeeps if you want an alternative.

The Ford Expedition Platinum we placed the order for is BlueCruise 1.0.

jb22EXP

Reaction score
@sixstring @jb22EXP Just so you know our family original looked at the Suburban and the Yukon before placing our custom order for the Ford Expedition. GM has pretty much removed all but one 12v outlet in the whole vehicle, and replaced them with underpowered USB ports. The only 12v outlet isn't too easily accessible. I was told the 120VAC outlet isn't actually 400W either and people are having issues with it. Plus they are getting rid of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. We would have loved GM SuperCruise, but can't believe a company would go that far to cripple everything else in the vehicle. As far as I'm concerned, GM sells crippled vehicles on purpose. Look at Jeeps if you want an alternative.

The Ford Expedition Platinum we placed the order for is BlueCruise 1.0.
I don't really need the outlets as I drive a ton of hwy miles and mostly big city to city. I am coming from and Escalade and it definitely had its share of problems but nothing manifested til around 80k miles and most of them annoying but fixable. I would definitely go back to GM over the issues I've had w this car tho. Rattles, driver side window whistle, and frustration w BC. I'm ready to go back! I imagine a lot of these have to do w it being a 22 but I really wanted the massaging seats so I found a 22 that was equipped w them.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@jb22EXP Unfortunately that wasn't an option for us. I travel with my parents constantly. My dad and I are hobby photographers. Usually 1 of us are "working from home" on our laptops in the car. Sometimes my mom drives and my dad and I are both working on things. We were originally going for a Jeep Grand Wagoneer Series I but it wasn't available for ordering yet so we ended up going with a Ford Expedition MAX. Would have loved SuperCruise, but was kind of pissed GM decided to try to save a small amount of money getting rid of 12v outlets.