Body lift and 35" tires on factory air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShotgunSamurai8

Reaction score
well its been one year to the day since i bought my expy and after a K&N kit, PE 3" body lift, 35 inch goodyear wrangler duratrac (31575r16) on american outlaw "buckshot" 16" rims. shoulda gone with an 18 tho. it would have looked cool without the tire loosing its beefy look. so here are the before and after enjoy :)

oh yea and im 5'9" and the trucks hood is at my shoulders now. also the tires handle AMAZING in the snow, are whisper quiet on the highway, have a shitload of siede tread and are pre drilled for studs!!!! good god what more could you ask for in a tire

total cost on rims and tires $1,600

Attachments

• Dirty bit 002.jpg
    Dirty bit 002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,440
  • Dirty bit 019.jpg
    Dirty bit 019.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2,919
  • MattTruck1.jpg
    MattTruck1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 8,403
OP
OP
S

ShotgunSamurai8

Reaction score
also i had to trim the front bumper, and running boards to make the wheels not rub, i think i did a pretty good job dont you?

oh yea and i just finished welding and painting a roof rack that i designed to fit in the gutters with the factory....um square-threaded-things lol in the gutter

i will be posting a video, a detailed blueprint, and bill of materials so that every one can have a big ass roof rack that will fit on our first gen expys!!!!!! finally there is another option for us other than those safari racks. i made this rack 80 inches long. it holds my matching spare tire with room for 6 snowboards! this custom roof rack can be talored to any size since you will be making it yourself. OR for those of you who lack the proper equipment to build it youself can take my blueprints, modify them, and give them to a local metal fabrication shop and have them whip you up one.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
kwt2000 had those wheels. looked really good. one of that last ones you can find in 5x135. also great tire choice. slipping up the rear on those things.

OP
OP
S

ShotgunSamurai8

Reaction score
thanks guys! ya panda, the pickings for a decent looking 5x135 rim were real slim. i lucked out and found these on discount tires direct .com.. but what do u mean wen u sed "slipping up the rear on those things" ? lol maybe i missed something

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
convert the air ride and itll look like mine you'll see another 2-3" of lift with a conversion, tbar crank and a spacer.
My tires are 35s too

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks guys! ya panda, the pickings for a decent looking 5x135 rim were real slim. i lucked out and found these on discount tires direct .com.. but what do u mean wen u sed "slipping up the rear on those things" ? lol maybe i missed something

i try not to curse on this forum. i do have a habit of it. haha i mean. sipping. on the tires. its CRAZY! those groves in the lugs. the lines... they add a lot of traction in the ice/snow/rain. so sipping is what i ment. haha its crazy on those tires. youll never lose traction unless you TRY to.