Body lift on the way!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got one from a guy on the other forum. Can't wait for it to get here. I'll try to take pics of the install.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Take A LOT of pics at every step. You'll be everyone's hero who wants to do this. Dgray used to have a write up, but I think all the pics got deleted.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take A LOT of pics at every step. You'll be everyone's hero who wants to do this. Dgray used to have a write up, but I think all the pics got deleted.

I agree, I would like to go with a body lift when I do my spacers and TT, but I think it will look goofy with my 265 tires that are pretty new.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I agree, I would like to go with a body lift when I do my spacers and TT, but I think it will look goofy with my 265 tires that are pretty new.

If you are wondering how goofy 265's look with a Body lift, I'll tell you. Goofy as Hell !!! Here's mine when i still had my 265's. They were brand new too. Looked like skateboard wheels on there.

SANY1259.jpg
SANY1255.jpg

And then the 315's. Aaaah. Much better.

SANY1266.jpg

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YUP!! That's what I figured. The picture from the back is really goofy lol, definitely need some wider tires. I figure, that with my new suspension and tires and being done with school next spring, everything will last plenty long, and when the tires go, I will actually have money, and be able to throw on a lift kit and some bigger tires, and probably a rebuilt long block with cams since I'll be pushing 200k.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YUP!! That's what I figured. The picture from the back is really goofy lol, definitely need some wider tires. I figure, that with my new suspension and tires and being done with school next spring, everything will last plenty long, and when the tires go, I will actually have money, and be able to throw on a lift kit and some bigger tires, and probably a rebuilt long block with cams since I'll be pushing 200k.

nice! im done in a few months. WOW i feel old! haha then BACK TO SCHOOL! gotta figure out where. but i gotta get my spacer. i know i was going to get it, but i got a deal on a new 2000 watt amp so i couldnt pass it up. a new crunch amp! woo! itll be here next week. then spacer. im gonna look goofy once i do the spacer, but not as bad if i did the bl. haha

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice! im done in a few months. WOW i feel old! haha then BACK TO SCHOOL! gotta figure out where. but i gotta get my spacer. i know i was going to get it, but i got a deal on a new 2000 watt amp so i couldnt pass it up. a new crunch amp! woo! itll be here next week. then spacer. im gonna look goofy once i do the spacer, but not as bad if i did the bl. haha

Mine is on spacers and it doesn't look to bad. Think I'll wait till my tires come in before I do the lift so I can do it all at once and not look ridiculous. That does look very funny Lane.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea tiny tires do look funny when you put a lift on and not get bigger tires. This is what mine looked like with 9in. of lift w/ 315/75/16

Attachments

• 0220091153-02.jpg
    0220091153-02.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 6,851
  • 0815080938-00.jpg
    0815080938-00.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 9,351

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just do yourself a favor before you start wash the undercarriage and spray all the bolts with PBblaster a few times before you begin.... you will thank me for that advise... and do not remove both sides of body bolts... loosen one side and remove the other,.... if you remove all of them it is going to be a PITA to align the holes again.... trust me been there done that... have helped do over 15 body lifts... learn from mistakes quick...lol

OP
OP
AaronLG

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to be sure again, 37's should fit ok with a bit of trimming right?