Body Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has changed out their body mounts themselves? Four of the eight need replacing, so I figure I'll knock them all out in one shot.

I find it weird that I can only find Doorman mounts. No polyurethane kits at all.

I'm hoping that someone has already done theirs and will be able to help my learning curve along.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

OP
OP

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw the video and he got me started in the right direction. Here's a little insight from my experience.

Started out with lifting my truck with a 3ton Harbor Freight floor jack working on the driver's side. Just like he said, you will have to use blocks to get enough lift to get the mounts out. I took his advice and used a breaking bar and ratchet. With that being said, I still managed to break the welds on the two center mounts.

That started the next challenge. Had to run to Home Depot and buy a drill bit, go inside the truck and cut out holes over the bolts. Wasn't an issue with the rear driver side. The spot to drill is clearly marked and to socket went right in and we moved forward. For the driver's seat it took a bit more to make sure we had the right spot. Once we drilled it out, we found Ford already had a hole with the stud sticking out. After a few minutes of trying to figure out my socket wouldn't bite the nut, I realized the hole the stud was sticking out of was around 15mm and the nut was around 21-22mm.

The passenger side went much easier without anything breaking. I bought eight mounts and planned on replacing all of them. Ended up only doing the four center mounts. The fronts and rears were still in good condition and a bear to take out.

Hope this helps and makes your job less painful than mine. Saw videos of guys using a torch to help break the nuts loose. Wasn't brave enough to try this without a lift.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1