Body Parts Interchangeability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlyoung1

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expy XLT that needs a new rear bumper cover. Before I head to the salvage yard, can someone tell me if there is interchangeability from any other years? Thanks a bunch in advance!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything 2003 - 2006 should be interchangeable. The XLT is the lower trim level so it will have the black/gray lower cover, the Eddie Bauer editions have the two tone paint color and I think the Limiteds had the solid color mating the body paint. I could be wrong about that last part.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, take a picture of your before you go! Trust me! There are a bunch that LOOK like they work but don't. My rear bumper cover took a dive when I was towing my sweetheart's sons boat and the trailer decided to de-couple from the hitch just after going over a rise on a bridge! I got lucky and kept the trailer hanging by one S hook but we searched and searched before finding the correct bumper cover for my 03 EB!

jeff

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Werent gen 2 and all gen 3 interchangeable, unless you got cameraa or sensors in it??

OP
OP
D

dlyoung1

Reaction score
Throwing out a bump before I head to "The Yard" to look for the bumper cover. My XLT has the light gray rocker panels and bumper cover on a charcoal paint color. Excellent idea to take a handful of pics with me for detail comparison. So, for now I'm looking at '03 - '06 with an emphasis on '03-'04. Thanks!