Body Shop says Platinum Grill will not fit XLT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...so which SUV is this bump in sales years ago cannibalizing?

Certainly not the expedition. Expy sales have more than doubled since 2015.

Do you think it’s eating others market share? Could be. I was thinking more along the lines of attracting a combination of new customers from the car/crossover world as well as some returning suv people for its BOF construction. The Expedition really isn’t in the same segment, full vs mid there.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you think it’s eating others market share? Could be. I was thinking more along the lines of attracting a combination of new customers from the car/crossover world as well as suv people for its BOF construction.

Not sure. Lots of vehicles see bumps and drops like the forerunner and expy did. Not sure there is enough data to say why. If it was because the market was shifting towards ‘simple’ then expeditions would be tanking. The forerunner is the last of its type so people are probably naturally funneled to it as they search for a ‘true’ 4x4. It’s also reasonably affordable, capable and reliable...though that’s a long time attribute.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Uh, you listed tiny speakers as tech for the escalade. Smh.
i am certain you are a politician!! you twist every word!!! i listed an audio system that uses microphones throughout the cabin to amplify voices so everyone can hear everyone no matter their position. that is definitely technology. not just the name brand!!

as i stated, the escalade is coming to the game heavy on tech, i listed 7 instances of items the fords dont

as i stated, the ONLY difference in tech between the ford and lincoln is the HUD

anything else?

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you think it’s eating others market share? Could be. I was thinking more along the lines of attracting a combination of new customers from the car/crossover world as well as some returning suv people for its BOF construction. The Expedition really isn’t in the same segment, full vs mid there.
i just want to be clear, my comment was directly related to your implying that lack of technology was attracting buyers to the 4Runner. I think that is false. i think it attracts buyers on basically everything else but technology. BOF definitely being one of them.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anything else?

I guess I just don’t consider a more BIGGERER display, a mirror that Nissan already uses and being able to hear your kids better as ‘coming in hot’. None are ‘firsts’ that’s for sure....

Either way yes, I’m waiting for you to answer...

“It’s a big jump because the expy doesn’t have HUD”

Where’d I say any of that?

you are saying it is a tech beast and it isn’t.

Where’d I say that?

And I’m the politician lol

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I just don’t consider a more BIGGERER display, a mirror that Nissan already uses and being able to hear your kids better as ‘coming in hot’. None are ‘firsts’ that’s for sure....

Either way yes, I’m waiting for you to answer...

Where’d I say any of that?

Where’d I say that?

And I’m the politician lol

actually it is the worlds first 38" OLED display and largest display used in any vehicle!!

actually it is the first time a vehicle has used distributed microphone system to aid in cabin conversation!!

so they actually are firsts!! LOL

your exact words!!! "expys dont even have HUD though so this is no doubt a big jump"

anything else? (throw in the towel)

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So what you are saying is the platinum grill won’t fit unless you have a platinum. Even if it doesn’t have HUD? What if you have a platinum and want to add the sport grill. Will it work even without HUD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
actually it is the worlds first 28" OLED display and largest display used in any vehicle!!

actually it is the first time a vehicle has used distributed microphone system to aid in cabin conversation!!

so they actually are firsts!! LOL

Ok. So you’re going with ‘it’s got the most biggerestest screen!’

And yeah, microphones have been used in minivans for half a decade.

So yeah. Towels being thrown and such.

anything else? (throw in the towel)

Yes. When did I call the navigator a tech beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your exact words!!! "expys dont even have HUD though so this is no doubt a big jump"

Aaannnddd context:

“Larger displays and Night vision/super cruise are about it...expys dont even have HUD though so this is no doubt a big jump.”

So yep. Going to an escalade with super cruise IS a big jump from a vehicle that doesn’t even have HUD lol.

That’s literally the point.

Last edited: