Brake Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miles Walcott

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which brake hose this is. as you can tell its spraying fluid everywhere but I can't trace the line to figure out what I need to do to replace it. Long story short, there's no brake pressure and the pedal drops to the floor. I believe this hose comes off the abs module but like I said, tracing it was a bit of a pita. this line is also under the radiator and there's a cover that bolts to the frame. Please help!
IMG_0188.jpg

Plati

Reaction score
Brake Hose? I had this hose replaced for $230 about a year ago.
They said it was the high pressure power steering hose.
IMG_0479.JPG

OP
OP
M

Miles Walcott

Reaction score
that is exactly it. did it affect your braking ability. Literally my pedal is on the floor and the fluid is spraying out it looked like brake fluid squirting out

Plati

Reaction score
No … did not affect brake system. Are you sure there isn't a brake line that is broken and spewing? The fluid in my case was red I believe. Can you locate the actual source of the spew? I've had to replace brake lines on my 2003 Expy … from RUST

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree that looks like power steering line. Too big diameter to be brake line.
All brake lines are smooth metal or spring wound metal and the hoses are only at each front wheel and sometimes up near master cyl but those are usually braided stainless and not very common.

I think there is a brake line (smaller diameter add metal) that runs behind there of on top or back of the crossmember/core support there.
I think it's just spraying on the bigger hose like MrSticker said.

OP
OP
M

Miles Walcott

Reaction score
That makes sense, I just thought that the suspect line/hose was that one. I guess I'll do some investigating in a little bit. By the way, I'm new to the forum, picked this one up from Copart $600 out the door so I was expecting some problems at some point. It runs and drives but doesn't stop now lol.