Brake job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uberexpy

Reaction score
I’m getting ready to do a complete brake job on my ‘05 XLT 4WD. Any suggestions on brands to use or avoid. I’m leaning towards Motorcraft, since the original set went 133k.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For my last 2 brake jobs I went with AC Delco coated rotors and Akebono Pro-ACT pads. I've been very happy with the combo. The Motorcraft pads/rotors that I had previously were good also.

The last set we used on my wife's car were Raybestos pro grade and they gave a super spongy brake feel and I would never use them again.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have 26s so i have powerstop drilled/slotted rotors/pads...others use them without big rims and love them as well

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to do a complete brake job on my ‘05 XLT 4WD. Any suggestions on brands to use or avoid. I’m leaning towards Motorcraft, since the original set went 133k.
The Ford / MotorCraft "Premium" Pads are really good. I've used them on 4 different Expys and all gave good service with minimum dust.

OP
OP
U

Uberexpy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Next Friday, the local dealership will be replacing the brake rotors & pads with the same ones that have lasted 135k. I thought about drilled/slotted rotors, carbon fiber/ceramic pads, etc. But in the end, the Ford stuff has gone this far, and they quoted $800+tax for all four corners. Plus, they lifetime guarantee the pads. Will keep y’all updated as it transpires.