brake line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pittmike

Reaction score
Hi,

I have to replace a brake line from the master cylinder to the ABS box. It has a pin hole leak. I called the dealer after reading old threads and they said they no longer carry the formed OEM line. They sell bulk and that route. SO that brought up a couple questions.

What types of lines have you all used? Do you bother with the bending so much as get one close in length and wing it?

Lastly, do you usually bleed the entire system after this or just make sure the line is as full as possible from cylinder before connect to ABS box?

Thanks.

mixerjv

Reaction score
line replacement for me usually ends up as a nightmare. The oem line is pretty tough and hard to work with in terms of flaring properly. It seems a little thicker outside plastic coating than the aftermarket stuff.

Your orignal line is probably frozen on to the flexible portion, which will result in replacing that. Hopefully your bleed screws aren't frozen.

With the bleed screws hopeless, I have in the past cheated by splicing the line before the flex portion and prefilling best I can and living with it. Not ideal whatsover, you'll always have some air trapped.

I'd be courious what others have to say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pittmike

Reaction score
Thanks mine has the tiny hole right after the braided part before it curves to the ABS box. It is a short line so I was planning to run an entire new one as best I can I guess.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is putting solder on it a viable option instead or removing the entire line? just a thought or something similar