Brighten 2022 Expy headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The headlights on my 22 Limited Expy are not bright. Is there a brighter bulb I could put in the headlights? Would any LED bulb work? Thanks all!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The headlights on my 22 Limited Expy are not bright. Is there a brighter bulb I could put in the headlights? Would any LED bulb work? Thanks all!
Really? I find ours sufficient enough. I wouldn't touch anything until after warranty is up.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I’m surprised by this, my ‘22 is really pretty good. Talking low beams, it does a great job lighting up the road, throw is good too. I’d say brightness is on par with nearly all projector style LED headlights I’ve seen. Cutoff isn’t as crisp, it’s reflector setup.

As for your question. No. The LED are built into the housing. If one breaks the entire thing has to be replaced.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd. Maybe there is an issue with the voltage or something with the lights. I have a 2022 Timberline and the lights are crazy bright.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get the OP's point. They are not so bright, and they may not be so crisp but the light I feel is more than adequate. High beams are great.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The halogen projectors on our 2018 Max Limited isn't bad at night, and far better than the halogens on my 2016 F150 XLT.
I still plan on at least doing LED in the low beam, fogs & reverse lights.

BaumSquad

Reaction score
I found when I hit the high beams on my '21 limited and the fog lights switched off, it seemed too dark down low and wide, all the light was just projected straight ahead. I ended up using the FORScan tool and enabled "Bambi Mode" which keeps the fog lights on all the time and that helped considerably. No whan the highs are on, everything is lit up.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bambi mode FTW
Already missing that from my Flex, need to get ForScan updated & do some modding on the Max.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found when I hit the high beams on my '21 limited and the fog lights switched off, it seemed too dark down low and wide, all the light was just projected straight ahead. I ended up using the FORScan tool and enabled "Bambi Mode" which keeps the fog lights on all the time and that helped considerably. No whan the highs are on, everything is lit up.
Bambi mode FTW
Already missing that from my Flex, need to get ForScan updated & do some modding on the Max.

The OP has '22, Forscan is not yet supported for that, unless you get an early release Beta. Also, the headlights are not the same as the 2018 model you guys are driving, they are not swappable in 2022.