Broken transmission dipstick tube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickperez

Reaction score
Hey there! Continuing my journey to DIY chain tensioner replacement (thanks to ford makuloco), I was also checking many things underneath the vehicle. And I found there is a leak on this metal tube, passenger side, right above the transmission pan. Do I need to replace the tube or is there a gasket in there that I can replace? I think that is the transmission dipstick tube, but I am not sure.
comments?

IMG_20230311_182525.jpg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's an O-ring on the tube that's probably broken or just deteriorated and needs to be replaced. Pull out the tube and inspect it. It's possible the tranny is overfilled with fluid too. Normally fluid doesn't get up that high to flow out. How long's it been since it was changed?

Ford Trans Fill Tube at Tasca Parts

OP
OP
erickperez

erickperez

Reaction score
Hi @Hamfisted . To my knowledge, transmission oil has never changed. I noticed that when I jack up the vehicle to do some other mechanical stuff. I don't think is a hassle to change the trans oil and filter since I already doing so many other things to the vehicle. The oil is dark red (more dark than red :) )