Transmission leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carrlinko

Reaction score
I was driving down the highway and the OD light started flashing and it never has done that before. So I stopped at a rest stop and put in park and pooped the hood and it was smoking a little. At first I thought it was the air conditioner because the air conditioner line had been broke . I looked down and seen the Expedition was leaking fluid so I looked under the vehicle and there was transmission fluid was sprayed all over underneath and on the back window. So I looked further under and the plug was leaking. I'm stranded with no way to pay for a tow truck, Is it possible to fix the plug and fill up with transmission fluid and be able to drive? IMG_20230930_211011069_HDR.jpg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's just a cover plug on the bell housing. Probably what's leaking is your tranny's front pump seal. Nothing you can do but maybe add some transmission stop leak when you add tranny fluid. If you're stuck somewhere you can just add tranny fluid ( Mercon V ) to get you going again until you can get it repaired.
You can find ATP's AT-205 at AutoZone or Amazon.

AT-205 Stop Leak on Amazon

AT-205_1.jpg