Bug Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I keep looking at the chrome bug deflector, because I think that's the only one that would look good on the white platinum metallic paint that I have, unless I could find a clear one and paint the back side of it white.
Andy, I’ve seen a few of our platinum whites in VA with either the black or chrome bug guards. They look cheap and completely ruin the look of the truck especially with the platinum white paint.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, I’ve seen a few of our platinum whites in VA with either the black or chrome bug guards. They look cheap and completely ruin the look of the truck especially with the platinum white paint.
I'm on the fence about the chrome. I don't want to over do it. I think the accents that I added work well. I am not sure if a big chrome thing out front would look good or not. And that picture that LokiWolf posted shows how reflective the the deflector is so it looks funny/weird from the angle the picture was taken.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JRC did you have to drill any extra holes?
No, it fit perfectly with the two oval fasteners and two plastic wedge fasteners. I have installed a few of these in the past and this seemed to be pretty solid, time will tell of course. Also, I put on the chrome cargo bed strips as you did and they look great!

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bahahaha my cracked one is back on until the new one arrives (they tell me it should be here tomorow morning). FedEx that is. Here is a pic of how and where it cracked.
View attachment 22095
you want a laugh, my superduty one cracked almost in the same place a few years back ... glad they replaced it with no issues

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is mine:

c96777d3444ced14e81bdb5c74e647f7.jpg

ed1e0f80b1c682198d2f37ed909a9fcb.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics, just finished. I like it!