Burning Smell From Front Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of course riding the brakes is not good - that is why I asked in my first post "how to avoid in this specific situation".

You say that all the electronics in the world isn't going to eliminate the heat, friction and wear, so what happens with Hill-Descent mode? Is it overheating the brakes? I doubt it because Ford's own marketing material says that when that mode needs to "cool down" the driver should manage the brakes themselves. Well if the brakes are already overheating or on the verge of overheating at that point Ford would say to park the vehicle instead. So if it is easy on the brakes what is that mode causing wear on? What is the tradeoff?

What are others doing in their Expeditions coming down mountains besides stopping every few minutes?

Does anyone have experience of the capabilities and limitations of Hill Descent mode on a mountain?

Thanks!
Get one of those laser temp reading things from harbor freight point and it reads the temp. I used in in a RV out west in the mountains and it worked well.

I'd be concerned about the heat transferring to other parts and causing additional problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65