Buying a 2000 Expedition and have questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCPBrad

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please tell me the measurements from the hatch door to the back of eack row of seats in a 2000 Expedition XLT? I want to buy this beautiful Expedition I found but if it can't haul the equipment I have to carry for work, then I will have to look at something else and I don't want to go there!

My longer gear is 81" long and the shorter is just over 49.5" I figure I would remove the third row and fold the 60% mid row, giving me from drivers seat to rear hatch and mid row 40% seat to hatch to haul the gear and three of us. Will everything fit?

I can't just go to it and look, I found it online and its 200 miles away so the trip I make to see it in person is the one on which I buy it .

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the 3rd seat out of my 2000 XLT and just measured it for you.
2nd seat up to the back door 47" at the bottom, the seat is angled back and at the top it is 42"
With the 2nd seat down to the passenger seat it is about 81" along the floor, the seat slopes here too and it will be shorter by probably another 5" or so.
It's so close or too short and I'd be looking for an EL version or a suburban.

OP
OP
PCPBrad

PCPBrad

Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the help!

Is that with the front seat all the way back or is there a bit of room to play? The basket I carry on the jobsite is a confined space stretcher and it is not very tall, maybe 6" but it is 81" long and is probably the smallest I can use.

I have used an extended Chev Trailblazer 4X4 and a Chev Astro AWD and it fits perfectly in each, It's just the Trailblazer is such a skinny vehicle it doesn't give much room for all the other gear and the Astro is so light duty, it can't handle some of the more "interesting" places I need to be able to access, Thats why we wanted to upgrade to a full truck based SUV. That and I am partial to my Fords...

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll measure more closely tomorrow for you and post a photo with all the dimensions on it. It's going to be very tight.
I know Moosomin well (my Mom came from Indian Head) and the vehicle selection is not too good there. You may want to try Regina and Winnipeg for a larger Ford Expedition EL series, they are the same size as a Suburban.

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Measured the truck today, here's the results: Click on photo to enlarge.
Passenger seat in the middle of the F/B adjustment.
If you can't read the numbers on the photos, they are:
Seat up 48" and 41"
Seat down 84", 87" and 81"
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Expy Seat Up copy.jpg
    Expy Seat Up copy.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 747
  • Expy Seat Down copy.jpg
    Expy Seat Down copy.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 5,760
Last edited:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you know there is allways the king of SUVs...the ford excursion!!! bigger then any other production suv ever made. i <3 mine.

OP
OP
PCPBrad

PCPBrad

Reaction score
Thank you very much for measuring that for me, it is greatly appreciated!! I will be buying it Monday and will upload some pics of it once I get it all setup for work!