Buying new Expedition... Still paying MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only info I can find on a BlueCruise annual fee is for the Mach-E and F-150 — do you have any info specific to Platinum Expedition?
If you build a 2024 Expedition Platinum, the 3 year BlueCruise subscription is a $2100 add-on (if you don't get it, you get 90 day trial). I don't have any articles or anything that they are charging $800 annually after that (as you said info is on F-150s and Mach-E), but I doubt they'd make it a different price for the Expeditions only.

Last edited:

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@nationalgallery The vehicle my dad and I built is around $93,000. We didn't option the BlueCruise unless the dealer can give it to us for free. :p But we're most likely using the X-Plan discount we can get through Google (dad works there). We're waiting for the order guide to come out before ordering.

Old Dog

Reaction score
The only info I can find on a BlueCruise annual fee is for the Mach-E and F-150 — do you have any info specific to Platinum Expedition?
I have a 2022 Platinum Max with BLUE CRUSE. MINE CAME WITH A 3 YEAR FREE SUBSCRIPTION PLUS 3 YEAR MAP UPATES. Ford pass is how I found out, dealer never mentioned it.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Platinum Max with BLUE CRUSE. MINE CAME WITH A 3 YEAR FREE SUBSCRIPTION PLUS 3 YEAR MAP UPATES. Ford pass is how I found out, dealer never mentioned it.
I wish it was still like that... They are charging up front for the 2024 Expedition. :rolleyes: We would have totally swallowed a $200-$300 annual subscription (GM Super Cruise is $250 annually stand alone or $150 annually if added on another OnStar Plan I believe). $800 is just insane. Does Ford seriously think people will pay that?! Heck we don't even want to pay the $700 a year up front.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like how the car manufacturers are going away from the most important and first safety thing you learned from driving school, mom, dad etc.....and charging a boat load for it

Keep your hands on the wheel. Stop being lazy and drive. Just my opinion.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like how the car manufacturers are going away from the most important and first safety thing you learned from driving school, mom, dad etc.....and charging a boat load for it

Keep your hands on the wheel. Stop being lazy and drive. Just my opinion.
While I don't completely disagree, some sort of automation would be handy on long road trips, traffic (which is a huge headache in the SF Bay), or driving at night. Machines don't get tired, but you do. I don't know how many times my dad and I have swerved out of the lane by accident while driving on long road trips, with my dad actually falling asleep behind the wheel a couple times at night. Happened a few times commuting to and from work too. Humans fatigue unfortunately.

Last edited:

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I don't completely disagree, some sort of automation would be handy on long road trips, traffic (which is a huge headache in the SF Bay), or driving at night. Machines don't get tired, but you do. I don't know how many times my dad and I have swerved out of the lane by accident while driving on long road trips, with my dad actually falling asleep behind the wheel a couple times at night. Happened a few times commuting to and from work too. Humans fatigue unfortunately.
You're absolutely right. I've dozed off for a second or two many times on the freeway late at night, sometimes when driving home from a long workout; thankfully for only a second or two. I know someone who dozed off for a few seconds and flipped his car; he survived but was left permanently blind.

If BlueCruise is engaged and the cameras detect you're not alert and looking at the road you get audible warnings and then it slows down and starts brake-checking the car — all while keeping you in your lane and a safe distance from the car in front of you. If you're dozing it definitely wakes you up in a hurry. A potential lifesaver, IMO.