Buying oil.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The local Autozone, runs oil clearance many times a year. I have seen full synthetic(mobil 1, pennzoil) for $2 a qt. Royal purple $4. The catch is it goes quick and sometimes odd weights. The newer cars factory requirements listed on the bottles changes, so they get rid of it. Some of the additive package settles and the bottles must be shaken. They just had Mobil 1 'annual protection' 5w20 and Pennzoil syn 0w30 for $2. I also check walmart.com 'oil clearance'. I found 5qt,(3 - pack) valvoline full syn 5w30, for $10. Yes, 15qts, for $10. I would of bought more, but thought it was a mistake. 2-days later, I went back and it was $25.99 for a 5qt jug. Amazon had Royal Purple oil and filter bundle for around $4qt and free filter/shipping. I ordered 10 qts, and it was $40.

Last edited:

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just took a look, we buy oil in bulk for work, we pay $2.21 a quart for Mobile Delvac 10w30, 150 gallons at a time. Hell of a price for the full syn at Costco!

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The local Autozone, runs oil clearance many times a year. I have seen full synthetic(mobil 1, pennzoil) for $2 a qt. Royal purple $4. The catch is it goes quick and sometimes odd weights. The newer cars factory requirements listed on the bottles changes, so they get rid of it. Some of the additive package settles and the bottles must be shaken. They just had Mobil 1 'annual protection' 5w20 and Pennzoil syn 0w30 for $2. I also check walmart.com 'oil clearance'. I found 5qt,(3 - pack) valvoline full syn 5w30, for $10. Yes, 15qts, for $10. I would of bought more, but thought it was a mistake. 2-days later, I went back and it was $25.99 for a 5qt jug. Amazon had Royal Purple oil and filter bundle for around $4qt and free filter/shipping. I ordered 10 qts, and it was $40.
I'll have to keep a better eye out at autozone. I've never noticed mobil, pennzoil, or royal purple even close to those prices. I assume we can just take a look online at their website? thanks

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to keep a better eye out at autozone. I've never noticed mobil, pennzoil, or royal purple even close to those prices. I assume we can just take a look online at their website? thanks

I paid about $65 for Mobil 1 at AutoZone last oil change. I’ve never seen it lower than $7/ quart. I don’t do the sales though, because I only use motorcraft filters which aren’t ever compatible with sales.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does anyone think of the Super Tech full synthetic oil at Walmart ? It's really cheap. $2.97 a quart or $14.88 for 5 quarts and it has all the same ratings as Mobil one etc.

Last edited:

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just put the cheapest synthetic I can find on sale, as long as it's Pennzoil, Mobil1 or Castrol. When on sale, these are pretty much on par with the "lesser" house brand oils price-wise.

The last local sale was on Pennzoil Platinum, about $15 USD for 5 quarts... I stocked up for the next few years, since oil doesn't go bad as long as it's sealed and Pennzoil has been recommended for Fords since the first V8's, lol!

I run 5W30 in my Expedition due to the crappy oil pressure the 5.4L's get on the stock oil pump. Also, it you want Motorcraft OEM filters, RockAuto has them really cheap. I bought a few of those, but am running a "Fram Ultra Synthetic" filter right now.

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does anyone think of the Super Tech full synthetic oil at Walmart ? It's really cheap. $2.97 a quart or $14.88 for 5 quarts and it has all the same ratings as Mobil one etc.
I’ve watched some YouTube videos on certain tests that were done on various brands and super tech full synthetic did very well.