Calibrate Wheel Size - How To?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Readymixer

Reaction score
I have purchased some 18" factory wheels from a brand new F-150 that received new wheels. Since mine are 17" the wheel size will go up by 1". I know it's not a lot but I'm OCD and i want to calibrtae the Expy for the 18" wheels.

My brother told me that he was able to change the wheel size in his '93 F-150. Is there a way to change the default wheel size on the '03 Expy using the RESET, INFO, or SELECT buttons?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wheel size has nothing to do with it. It is the overall circumference of the tire that effects the speedometer.

I am not aware of any way of programming from the dash but I know you can change with most of the aftermarket programmers that add performance too.

Matt R

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The newer trucks' ECM actually generates the speedo data. It can only be changed by reflashing the ECM. There is no longer a seperate controller. The trip computer, information center, and gauge cluster all get their info from the ECM itself across the data bus.
If you have a speedometer error (which you may not), most of the aftermarket programmers will take care of this for you.

Matt R

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire