Calibrations Available from 5 Star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys! So how exactly does it work? A computer system you plug in directly to the vehicle?

Will have to do this after I get my wheels.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to https://5startuning.com/product-cat...b/2018-expedition-3-5l-eb-tuners-programmers/
When you place the order You will need to fill out a questionnaire
after payment they will send you the calibrator
You will be instructed to connect the calibrator & find the vehicles ECU calibration codes (very easy to do)
You then email that information to them & they will send you the software via email
a copy of the instructions follows

clip_image002.gif
Prior to building your custom tune files, we will need a complete “read” of your factory program before sending over your custom tunes.

The read must be uninterrupted and may take up to 16 minutes. The key must remain on the entire time. Please do not subject your vehicle to any “voltage spikes” while reading or tuning. This includes rolling down the windows, turning on the air, radio or opening the door.

**It is extremely important that you start by reading your STOCK FACTORY program. Before you begin, remove any custom tuning that is currently on the vehicle and set it back to the stock tune. It is also equally as important to have your vehicle on a trickle charger when reading and tuning your application.**

Step 1: Plug your nGauge into the OBD2 port the vehicle you intend to tune. (With the lights, radio, A/C off and the doors closed), use the menu on the screen to select TUNING, then proceed to select the PCM type and choose READ VEHICLE.

Step 2: After your vehicle has been successfully read, turn the key off, wait 10 seconds and then start the vehicle.

Step 3: Disconnect the nGauge and email the stock file to [email protected]. The stock file will be located on the STOCK FILES folder on the micro SD card, which is mounted in the nGauge and will be named StockFile.stk. This operation is supported via Windows or OSX.

Please allow 24-72 hours for creation of your custom tunes.

How do I load tunes onto the HP nGauge?

Step 1: Upon receiving your custom tune files and stock file.enc, download to your computer's download folder or desktop.

Step 2: Remove SD card from nGauge and insert into your computer.

Step 3: Drag and drop all files, both custom and your new stock.enc file into the “Custom Files” folder on your nGauge's SD card.

Step 4: Eject the SD card from your computer.

Step 5: Reinsert SD card from your computer into the nGauge device.

Step 6: Connect the nGauge via the OBD2 port, turn the key on or press your push button start (do not start the vehicle) and press TUNING > Load Tune.

• If you’ve loaded multiple custom tunes (.enc files) onto the nGauge, you can arrow left and right to select the tune you want. Press the check box to confirm and the tune will load.

Step 6 can be repeated any time the tune needs to be swapped or stock.enc file needs loaded to the vehicle.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you can but you can't improve performance with it
Once you have experienced the difference in a reprogrammed eco boost engine it will hard to accept the OEM calibration as acceptable

Mothnuts

Reaction score
Yes you can but you can't improve performance with it
Once you have experienced the difference in a reprogrammed eco boost engine it will hard to accept the OEM calibration as acceptable

Yeah, sorry, didn’t mean to imply it was a replacement for a tuner, but just as a way to get rid of the auto start/stop and double honk.

CobraO

Reaction score
I also had 5* on my 2011 F-150. It made a huge difference to the point I was afraid of breaking something with the 93 performance tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got the calibrator today
Have to get the stock cal codes & email them to 5 star
Then they will send me the new calibrations to load on the calibrator

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got the calibrator today
Have to get the stock cal codes & email them to 5 star
Then they will send me the new calibrations to load on the calibrator
Let us know how the process goes and what you overall thoughts are please...