Can’t find coolant leak location...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can someone familiar with the Ecoboost help a guy out? Truck is puking coolant into the ground and I can’t find where it’s coming from. I’ve had the truck on a lift checking with another guy and neither of us could find it. Both turbo coolant lines are dry. Water pump appears to be dry. No coolant hoses appear to be wet. I can’t for the life of me find this. I removed the skid plates and the only place it appears to be coming from is the power steering area where the large power steering box is. Is that thing cooled by coolant by any chance? 78cd848eb607492ed0dba0d168c9534e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've stated this numerous times, but here we go again. The only way to find small or intermittent leaks is to pressurize system. I use a Stant pressure tester with adapter, and pressurize to about 12-15 pounds. Any leaks will start spraying out. Let us know what you find.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As suggested by moose, did you check for the leak when the system was at temp (pressurized)?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heater hoses?

Those were a popular source of leaks on the V8's

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As suggested by moose, did you check for the leak when the system was at temp (pressurized)?

Yes. Still can’t see where it’s coming from...it’s odd. I’ll likely take it into the dealer next week because I’m at a loss. (For coolant that is lol)

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you find it?

No. I haven’t added coolant for several weeks. It seems to have leveled out and doesn’t leak. I’m wondering if the oil change guys topped it off and it somehow was overflowing? Hasn’t leaked in weeks ever since I stopped adding coolant.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No. I haven’t added coolant for several weeks. It seems to have leveled out and doesn’t leak. I’m wondering if the oil change guys topped it off and it somehow was overflowing? Hasn’t leaked in weeks ever since I stopped adding coolant.

Highly likely scenario