Can I use Forscan to reset transmission algorithm on 2024 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On Forscan website, it clearly states that it doesn't support 2024 model year. But I assume the transmission control module should be the same since 2022?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For some reason I thought I read somewhere on here that disconnecting the battery for 20+ minutes does this as well, does it not? I bet it is the same though, just not "tested" and proven.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For some reason I thought I read somewhere on here that disconnecting the battery for 20+ minutes does this as well, does it not? I bet it is the same though, just not "tested" and proven.
I searched online, and determined disconnecting battery will not reset the adaptive transmission shifting table. It has to be reset on a software level, either factory or Forscan.

manuelb

Reaction score
I searched online, and determined disconnecting battery will not reset the adaptive transmission shifting table. It has to be reset on a software level, either factory or Forscan.
What scanner do you recommend to use forscan to reset the adaptive transmission shift table? Thanks Hellwig

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and tell them your NEW Expedition is shifting rough. They should re-program it for you, since it is new.
This. Its good to start the paper trail with Ford regarding the transmission if you think its gonna fail soon

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and tell them your NEW Expedition is shifting rough. They should re-program it for you, since it is new.
To add to this, you can erase the Tranny shift memory, in FORScan, bringing it back to factory settings. This really does help with rough and skip gear shifting, as well as performance. I find after performing this in FORScan, my EX shifts perfect. Then after months of driving habits, different drivers, etc., it may go back to rough shifting, etc. So, I just erase again and relearn.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To add to this, you can erase the Tranny shift memory, in FORScan, bringing it back to factory settings. This really does help with rough and skip gear shifting, as well as performance. I find after performing this in FORScan, my EX shifts perfect. Then after months of driving habits, different drivers, etc., it may go back to rough shifting, etc. So, I just erase again and relearn.

I eliminated the adaptive learning table and stopped using this feature the day before yesterday. The tranny does give a smoother feeling, although I still feel 4 to 3 slightly delayed downshift occasionally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett