Can one set an auto-fan speed for auto-climate control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidC

Reaction score
Is there a way for the fan to be on an auto-speed? So the fan will auto-adjust as necessary when heating or cooling? Right now I can only see that the fan speed is set to a manual speed which doesn't change while the temp is auto.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the system is in auto mode the fan speed is controlled by the system. The auto mode does allow you to set the max speed shown by the number of lit indicators. That only sets the max speed and the system will slow down the fan speed when the set temperature is approached.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the system is in auto mode the fan speed is controlled by the system. The auto mode does allow you to set the max speed shown by the number of lit indicators. That only sets the max speed and the system will slow down the fan speed when the set temperature is approached.

This. The three levels of auto just set how quickly the vehicle will reach the desired temp. 4e2ff589218abc3a46ef9d3dc9ca7897.jpg

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now can someone figure out how to limit the slowest speed so that enough air is pumped in to stop the windows fogging in low temperatures?

And make it stop pumping 300 deg C air at my feet at 1 cubic foot per hour working on the theory that super hot air at low speeds is the same as moderate temperature air at medium speeds???????????????

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the temp set to?

It always amazes me that people who have auto climate don’t just set it and forget it.

I set mine to 21C on the day I bought it and haven’t touched it since.

It has been +35C to -35C and it works just right on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the temp set to?

It always amazes me that people who have auto climate don’t just set it and forget it.

I set mine to 21C on the day I bought it and haven’t touched it since.

It has been +35C to -35C and it works just right on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You and me both!!! My wife refuses to use it and it drives me MAD!!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is another one of those features I didn’t think I would be so crazy about and now I refuse to live without. Mine usually stays at 70°F (21° C for the less civilized) but will occasionally dip to 67° F(19°C) if I’m just wrapping up a hike or any outdoor activity. The only controls my wife ever used is the heated seat button.

GOWolfpack

Reaction score
Now can someone figure out how to limit the slowest speed so that enough air is pumped in to stop the windows fogging in low temperatures?

And make it stop pumping 300 deg C air at my feet at 1 cubic foot per hour working on the theory that super hot air at low speeds is the same as moderate temperature air at medium speeds???????????????

I was wondering about this same question too. The windshield gets de-fogged great, but I haven't figured out how to slow down the speed and temp of the air to simply maintain. I will check the owner's manual again, maybe I missed it.