Captain Chairs to Bench Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I may have to take you up on this! I should know which direction I'm heading here in a few weeks for sure. I'm going to try and see if I can figure out if I can bolt them in or not based off the images I posted above.

And to answer your question, I've got a 2019 Limited Max with a black leather interior. What is yours?

Close but not perfect- I have a 2019 XLT with the black ActiveX, no heat.

Of course just as I posted this originally, I had need to pile three kids across the 2nd row because the back was full of sleds and it sure was nice to just tip up the seat. In ours the center seat just stays down unless needed. I like the idea of having room for the dog on the floor though.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Makes sense.. so you did what I just posted pics of (maybe they are even your pics haha, if so thanks!) I'm curious on the mounting points.

So basically the only thing you lack is the arm rests.
I started with the bench. Center flips down making two captains chairs so didn’t see the point in buying captains chairs. Looking at that picture you might even just need the center section. Your arm rests probably come off with a bolt

luzcabrera88

Reaction score
Hello, maybe someone can help me??
I have a 2020 xlt with captain seats but I need an extra seat. I looked in eBay and googled it and can’t find the bench seat

mpc11

Reaction score
Hello, maybe someone can help me??
I have a 2020 xlt with captain seats but I need an extra seat. I looked in eBay and googled it and can’t find the bench seat
Ebay links in this thread:

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
I may have to take you up on this! I should know which direction I'm heading here in a few weeks for sure. I'm going to try and see if I can figure out if I can bolt them in or not based off the images I posted above.

And to answer your question, I've got a 2019 Limited Max with a black leather interior. What is yours?
Hey Jace,
Did you ever convert your captain chairs to the bench configuration in your expedition?

I currently have black leather with the bench second row, but my wife and I wanted captains chairs. We couldn’t find an expedition with the captain chair setup at the time.

I assume the captain chairs have heating as well?

Deep8174

Reaction score
If you two swap it might work but may involve drilling. Getting a new bench seat would require removal of the arm rests from the captains chairs. Looking to do something like this as well. If anyone was successful please post a response here!

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting a new bench seat would require removal of the arm rests from the captains chairs.
Just to be clear,
You only have to remove arm rests if you are just getting the middle seat. If you put in the whole bench seat you will be removing the captains chairs and no need to remove arm rest.

Team_Z

Reaction score
So I can remove the center seat from my bench and create captains setup? Can I get arm rest for them?

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes you can remove the center seat and have quasi-captains chairs. You will have no arm rest in the middle and these seats are not designed to add one.

vincentrose

Reaction score
I read somewhere that someone had Captains Chairs in his Expedition and he found a Navigator at a junkyard and got the Center Console out of that one the put it in his Expedition. At least that way when you fold the seats down, its flat all the way across