Captains Chairs to Bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brokedad

Reaction score
I searched the forum and came across a few posting with this same question but no real answers. I am looking to purchase a used Expedition for a good price. The expedition comes with captains chairs and the wife would prefer the bench seats for our 3 kids. If she has all 3 kids in the second row that leaves her the entire back area for other things. I wanted to know if the mounting bolts are present under the carpet inbetween the captains chairs. Maybe someone has done this with their Expedition and I would like to know the results. I am looking at a 2005 Eddie Bauer Edition.
Thanks

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think we have discussed this in the past and we came to the conclusion the it should work...... take some picture of the floorboard area around the seats and I will compare to mine. the 03 and up have the same rear seat mounting structure...

Matt R

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do remember seeing someone taking out the middle seat of the foldable 2nd row, thus having the look of captain chairs, but the foldability of a bench. Then they just carpeted the area.

As green03 said, check the floorboard to see if the anchor points are there.

mkaresh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most likely they are, to avoid the complication of having multiple floorpans in the plant.

OP
OP
B

brokedad

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts. I would agree with mkaresh that the mounting points should be present under the existing carpet between the captains chairs. I would have to believe that through the plant they would not know if that particular frame is going to have captains chairs or not so the mounts would be put in at that time. I just wanted to make sure. I did see other posting with users asking the same question but they never posted if they did it or not. Maybe they purchased one with captains chairs and realized that they liked it better. I think I may need to make another trip out to the person selling the vehicle and check. The first time I went to see it I checked but didn't know were the mounting points were so I looking in the wrong area. I saw the posting on this site that had a picture of the center seat out so now when I go back I will know exactly were to look. Again if anyone has done this I would like to hear from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr