Car got keyed, is it worth calling insurance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Car got keyed today, it could have been in a number of different parking lots; but I didn't see it until I got home today. Would it even be worth filing an insurance claim? Or should I just suck it up and get it repainted at another time along with the tons of other scratches on the truck?

2jy7as.jpg

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since the key mark appears to only be on your trim, i would say no. the trim could be replaced or repainted for cheap. I would wait until you need the whole truck repainted, then i would maybe look into "an insurance claim".

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it would be filled under comprehensive deductible. If it is low i would filled a claim if it is high then i would not. Too bad people are such ******** when they are jealous.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its only on the trim I would just touch it up... or if the paint is good under it take the molding off completely

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips/advice guys. Do any of you know if that piece of trim is just stuck on there with adhesive or not? If so I could just yank it off on both sides and give her a good clay bar/wax job to hide the lines where the adhesive was.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
far as I know it is just stuck onto the doors... can pull it off and then get a "body eraser" and remove the glue