CARiD.com sent me a damaged wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that blows. When does this crummy company stories ever end. What always kills me, is during the telephone messages, they always say, we value your business. What they should be saying is we value your money, you not so much. Give me your money, and don't bother me. Anytime you ship, any of the 3, Fed ex, UPS, or post office, they all suck! I've shipped a ton of products via eBay, and I can't tell you how many times they treated the box like a 500 pound gorilla that didn't get his ration of bananas. I've turned in more than my share of claims. The worst was the post office, I shipped a NOS 60's Thunderbird part, they damaged it, had the insurance, but still wouldn't pay. One guy at Ups here in Daly City told me that packages have to pass a 4 foot bounce test! Hello, are you serious! But that's what happens when your beautiful McIntosh Stereo goes flying off their conveyor belt. Putting fragile all over the box is a waste of time.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that blows. When does this crummy company stories ever end. What always kills me, is during the telephone messages, they always say, we value your business. What they should be saying is we value your money, you not so much. Give me your money, and don't bother me. Anytime you ship, any of the 3, Fed ex, UPS, or post office, they all suck! I've shipped a ton of products via eBay, and I can't tell you how many times they treated the box like a 500 pound gorilla that didn't get his ration of bananas. I've turned in more than my share of claims. The worst was the post office, I shipped a NOS 60's Thunderbird part, they damaged it, had the insurance, but still wouldn't pay. One guy at Ups here in Daly City told me that packages have to pass a 4 foot bounce test! Hello, are you serious! But that's what happens when your beautiful McIntosh Stereo goes flying off their conveyor belt. Putting fragile all over the box is a waste of time.

I've had very few troubles with FedEx. USPS has lost many packages both incoming and outgoing. UPS ... oh man. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll just say after numerous complaints about damaged/late packages my driver left me a UPS rain bag full of urine shortly before he retired. UPS had his supervisor call me to tell me the guy was "coming unhinged," but would be retiring in less than 2 months. He advised me to hang in there and wait it out. No apology for the bag of urine though.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score

Nah bro UPS to me is been on top of their game! I've been getting crap deliveries from USPS & FedEx for years but UPS hasn't slipped yet... I'm talking 10 years worth in a row!

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Nah bro UPS to me is been on top of their game! I've been getting crap deliveries from USPS & FedEx for years but UPS hasn't slipped yet... I'm talking 10 years worth in a row!
I never use FedEx or UPS anymore unless I have no choice. USPS has been spot on everytime for me

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are a preferred vendor here on the site with recent posts. Would be nice if they popped in here and gave us a little reassurance as I have looked at a few things on their site that I would like to order.

Wheels and tires being one of them

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
They are a preferred vendor here on the site with recent posts. Would be nice if they popped in here and gave us a little reassurance as I have looked at a few things on their site that I would like to order.

Wheels and tires being one of them

Make sure they honor their prices. The will also haggle if you order over the phone.

Personally negotiated an extra 15% on a part that had no available discounts. Even though the part showed up with defects which was a manufacturer issue, at least they wanted to deal.

On the flip side they hate returns. And in my situation it was a $600 hood that was going to cost them $250 to ship back to them. That's why they were difficult in my situation.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had very few troubles with FedEx. USPS has lost many packages both incoming and outgoing. UPS ... oh man. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll just say after numerous complaints about damaged/late packages my driver left me a UPS rain bag full of urine shortly before he retired. UPS had his supervisor call me to tell me the guy was "coming unhinged," but would be retiring in less than 2 months. He advised me to hang in there and wait it out. No apology for the bag of urine though.

If not for that ridiculous uniform...that'd almost make me wanna go work for them

Hang in there wait it out lol

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw other merchants suck too

Rockauto has sent me a heater hose with a label neatly STAPLED thru it, and a scuffed and dusty as hell Bstock looking Rancho coilover

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw other merchants suck too

Rockauto has sent me a heater hose with a label neatly STAPLED thru it, and a scuffed and dusty as hell Bstock looking Rancho coilover

I've had multiple bad experiences w/ RockAuto. Coincidentally, one was a heater hose. It took 3 tries to get one that was not cracked and they made me jump through hoops to get the replacements (each time 1h on the phone, half dozen photos, argument over shipping costs, etc.). On a recent occasion they sent the wrong part and their automated RMA system wanted me to eat half the cost of shipping on the basis that RockAuto said it was the aftermarket manufacturer's fault. I still buy from them though as they are often the cheapest option and do get parts here pretty quickly. I just do it with a credit card issued by a bank that I know will fight if I don't get what I paid for.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get what you pay for! Rock Auto is the Wal Mart of parts stores. Come on guys, you want cheap, you get cheap. Their not exactly the Nieman Marcus of Auto parts. Their all about big volume, big profit. The personnel working in shipping are probably not top of the food chain. And more than likely never installed a radiator hose. So to them putting a parts or sales purchase tag through your upper radiator hose was never a issue to him/her. They had no idea coolant runs through it.