Cat Back Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BROKER

Reaction score
What is everyone using ? How many are running dual pipes ?

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had magnaflow, dual pipes straight out the back, on my old 99 f-150 with stainless tips. Don't go with chrome, they don't hold up like stainless. The exhaust had a nice rumble to it, but not deafining. Would like to do it to my 03 xp. Back when I put them on my truck I had the wife pissed at me for a good couple of weeks. I'm not sure if I want to go through that kind of missery again.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is all self-built but I basically used the same muffler that comes in the magnaflow kit. After replacing the 4 factory cats with 2 high-flow units the exaust was stupid loud at part throttle so I put a twister race muffler behind the magnaflow which acts like a resonator and quieted down the exhaust at part throttle to a very nice mellow tone. My piping is mandrel bent all the way from the manifolds to the tip. 2.5 inch to single 3 inch with an equal length y pipe. You will actually lose some part throttle response when you go to 3 inch (added that last) but I needed it for the supercharger.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Duals with an X-pipe.
Gutted pre-cats, Magnaflow high-flow main cats.
Two tiny Magnaflow race mufflers.

Sounds killer from outside the truck, especially when you get on it.

But inside...entirely too loud, drones at many different rpm/throttle postions. I may have to add two resonators (muffler shop's suggestion) or get two less-annoying mufflers.

It's a penalty box for passengers.

dubedition2003

Reaction score
I am using Magnaflow Muffler with a stainless steel 4" tip, it sounds GREAT! its not too noticable on the inside but you can definatley hear it on the outside.

It's not too loud and it's not too soft. Sounds great when you are passing someone by on the highway.

I had to mine put in last month for some reason my 03' expy had a hole in the muffler and was rusting out, so while I took mine to a well known shop and a co-worker of mine knows the owner of the shop he gave me a deal on my muffler and even threw in the tip free of charge.

03ddie

Reaction score
I just had a 3" Flowmaster 70 installed with a 3.5" SS tip all on the stock 2.75" tubing. IT SOUNDS GREAT. I wanted a nice low rumble but something not too loud as it is the family SUV and this was the perfect match. $242 installed

Now I have been getting 22-24 mpg on the highway at 70 and before the best I ever got was 19(usually 17). I even saw it hit 26 for about 5 minutes with a mild tail wind.

I cant wait to see what the cold air intake that is on the way will do!

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep the best thing for these truck's efficiency is the stock pipe size with a better muffler.....

Have you checked your actual mileage vs what the computer is telling you? That just seems like an aweful big jump in economy...

Matt R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you guys give me any recommendations on exhuast on my 07 XLT EL. Ive just ordered a cold air intake. Should be in this week. Next I want to upgrade the exhuast. Dont want to loud, but want performance. I want sizes and brand names so I can do some research. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition