Catch Can rape alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for pictures. I'm gonna look into adding one on my 2017. Have you guys been collecting much oil out of these? I have one on my Mustang but haven't really put enough miles on it yet to even bother draining it. I went with a Moroso, that has a drain port on it which I thought was a nice feature.595e410ea7946f0a54b096f308b4d4a9.jpg664c69ca12afc70c4f494df4eaaa754b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Not to be a dick guys, but I'm trying to find out more thoughts on the cheaper alternatives. I don't want to see my post get derailed too bad... Thanks for understanding.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to be a dick guys, but I'm trying to find out more thoughts on the cheaper alternatives. I don't want to see my post get derailed too bad... Thanks for understanding.
My thought on the $50 can that you show is this.... it looks like it has the same ball valve that’s used on my RXP Can, which is a quality valve, and the rest of the cans parts look to be ok also as far as quality goes. What the kit is lacking is the factory ford hose connectors that make a clean install. I definitely think it’s better than installing nothing so you should buy it and try it. If you want the factory connectors you could order them from Ford and probably still be way under budget! Post pics and results when you are done.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
My thought on the $50 can that you show is this.... it looks like it has the same ball valve that’s used on my RXP Can, which is a quality valve, and the rest of the cans parts look to be ok also as far as quality goes. What the kit is lacking is the factory ford hose connectors that make a clean install. I definitely think it’s better than installing nothing so you should buy it and try it. If you want the factory connectors you could order them from Ford and probably still be way under budget! Post pics and results when you are done.
Awesome reply. I appreciate it! I was thinking about making up a cpl hoses like you said too. I'll post up what I end up doing.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe a silly thought, but what do the dealerships think of these? Just wondering as far as warranty issue's? I honestly don't understand why they aren't factory installed.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Maybe a silly thought, but what do the dealerships think of these? Just wondering as far as warranty issue's? I honestly don't understand why they aren't factory installed.

Not much the dealerships can bother you for. They can try to deny your claim, but unless they can prove that your issues are a result of the can there's nothing they can do legally.

Y2KFirehawk

Reaction score
Great thread. Thanks for the information! Here I thought I was among the few that felt the various catch can kits were highway robbery.

I was sad to find out the Mishimoto kit will not fit the Expedition

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not much the dealerships can bother you for. They can try to deny your claim, but unless they can prove that your issues are a result of the can there's nothing they can do legally.

A Ford dealership CAN deny your bumper-to-bumper or power train warranty for the engine if you modify it with one of these catch cans. They do not have to “prove” anything - other than your modification. A simple photograph would work - which then is entered into their Ford system and a warranty block would show at any USA Ford dealer.

Then, you must file legal action to force them to honor the warranty. When you acknowledge you modified the engine and or its intake / PCV system - you’ll lose.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@99white

Well that's not good news, but thanks for the heads up.