CCD OR NOT????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. 23s with .9% or 1.48% interest in my area. Lot of stealths Do Not have CCD. This will be a pavement only vehicle.
Of you weren't going stealth, I'd say it wouldn't be a deal killer. However, he sport suspension on Top of 22in wheels without any adjustability, no thank you.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the CCD on ours a lot. It really helped pulling a 34’ travel trailer a couple weeks ago too.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driven almost entirely on pavement, some gravel, and I replaced the front and rear sway bars, and I truly love how well the CCD works for me. Knock on wood!

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
I’d try as much as possible to get the CCD option. In sport mode, the floaty feel is really all gone and nice and tight but then you can go back to normal mode for a super smooth ride. The suspension seems to be more on point overall. I wouldn’t let it be a total deal breaker but if you don’t get it then plan to be changing the shocks to a better brand like Bilsteins since the non CCD shocks are of pretty poor quality. Other thing to look at it what brand tires are on the non CCD trucks. Lack of CCD and Hancock tires is a disaster.
Looks like there are 0 stealths in my area with CCD. Might have to settle

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To me, the standard non-CCD suspension feels like a truck while the CCD takes some of that out in the right modes. I drove an XLT before ordering mine, it was close to my memory of the ride of my Z71 Tahoe (from 10 years earlier, so may not have been that close.) But when the Ltd with the CCD came in it was far better.

JKautz

Reaction score
Wheel size and tire choice are also big factors. With the 22” wheels you want it. OEM stock tires seem to be “meh” at best as well on most setups. Getting the Hankook tires off for BFG AT tires on my 20” wheels made a huge difference for me. Maybe get what is on the lot, but expect to want to swap out tires/wheel size/struts (and/or) in 6 mo to a year? I just remembered chucking the garbage stock tires after 10K miles and even my wife being amazed what a big change it made, and she rarely cares about road handing and road feel.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
before buying what we did, we drove quite a few expeditions, with and without CCD. since we've bought our basically loaded Stealth, we've taken our 21' trailer on one tow. so far I'm really happy. While changing from the stock 22" wheels to 18" wheels actually only made a minor difference in the ordinary road ride, its much better on rough stuff, and I expect it will be even better when I mount a set of BF Goodrich KO2 A/T tires

I can definitely feel the CCD system working, and damping any pitching when towing over bumps/dips.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Wheel size and tire choice are also big factors. With the 22” wheels you want it. OEM stock tires seem to be “meh” at best as well on most setups. Getting the Hankook tires off for BFG AT tires on my 20” wheels made a huge difference for me. Maybe get what is on the lot, but expect to want to swap out tires/wheel size/struts (and/or) in 6 mo to a year? I just remembered chucking the garbage stock tires after 10K miles and even my wife being amazed what a big change it made, and she rarely cares about road handing and road feel.
I’m guessing the strut info is all on this forum? It seems bilstein is the way to go . Will it have stock ride height ? Which
i plan on sticking with 22s so I’ll have to do some more research in tires. In the test drive today I noticed it’s on the firmer side but not bad. My raptor is more plush but thag has big tires and suspension. But it’s also body rolling much more. To keep stock heights which struts are people going to? Anyone have a forum link ? Are they full coil overs or just struts ?