CCD OR NOT????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyb

Reaction score
So do you all think the ccd is a dealbreaker?? I have found several 2023 leftovers that are at really good prices but don’t have it. Boggles my mind for $995 why all of the stealth packages do not have it!!!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may want to drive it for a few days on different surfaces and see if you can live with it. If you plan on modding the suspension or tires, then nope. If you plan hwy and family trips, then yea.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally feel that my xlt with bilsteins rode better in every way than my platinum with ccd. I wish I did NOT have CCD.
I did find when I first got mine, I didn't like the ride. Then I was told, since mine was a certified pre-owned, to reset the PCM memory. So, I had it done, and I must say it changed everything from performance to shifting, acceleration, gas mileage, etc. I'm still a fan of CCD.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like both, but my nav ride is better than how my expy did. With that said, I didn't add bilsteins to my expy. The expy let more road textures and bumps into the cabin, but the ccd has a lot more body motion. Depends on what you can stomach more. The bump impacts were more annoying to me than the bounciness and floatiness.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, just to note. I did NOT care for the ride in the XLT before the Bilstein's. It was overly soft and not wonderful before the bilstein's.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did find when I first got mine, I didn't like the ride. Then I was told, since mine was a certified pre-owned, to reset the PCM memory. So, I had it done, and I must say it changed everything from performance to shifting, acceleration, gas mileage, etc. I'm still a fan of CCD.
That is easy enough to try, I will give that a go and see if there is any difference. I am skeptical but it would be nice if it made a difference.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, something to point out. The base springs are notorious for failing. Ccd keeps longer life.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've driven 3 low-mileage 22 Expeditions: my Platinum w/CCD and 2 rentals w/out CCD. Night and day difference — I would never buy an expedition without CCD. It handles rough gravel/dirt/washboard roads even better than my Navigaitors did with their air shocks.