Ccd suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like an easy swap, just change out the shocks to std or aftermarket shocks and something needs to be done with the ride sensor to keep the computer from goin crazy. You should go to the third gen threads cuz im sure slmeone their wouldve done it. Why do you wanna swap out the ccd though?

OP
OP
Jordan90

Jordan90

Reaction score
My only concern is making the computer think the shock is still hooked up the actual height sensor I’ve been able to bypass I just haven’t been able to find anything to bypass the shock. We live on a gravel road and since we’ve had it it rides rough on it although it drives great on the highway. Since then have put a small lift on so definitely didn’t help.

OP
OP
Jordan90

Jordan90

Reaction score
I was hoping to go with Bilstein 5100 and do away with the spacers completely not sure how much that will help all though getting away from the 22s and having a little more tire did help some.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its prolli best to stay away from the oem shocks. I didnt have aftermarket shocks as mines was leased. If i couldve did it jver, i woulda got the ccd, the base shocks were too firm to me that is. Thoughts on the suspension options are very divided in here, but even on the highway, broken pavement and concrete slabs were not appreciated by the base shocks. Just be careful, because you dont wanna spend that kind of money to get a different ride on a small portion of road, just to get a overall ride you dont want long term.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like I might be lucky enough to have someone as crazy as me...
Have you tried all the drive modes? Anyone know if one of the driving modes will lock it in full soft? Not that I wan't to encourage you not to figure this out for us. Ha Please let us know what you find!

I have emails out to a couple vendors to see if they know anything. I'll let you know if I make any headway there. If you are going to stay lifted I'd suggest getting upper control arms. It corrects for the lift and should help the ride while at the taller height. This is a great explanation. I have always been a fan of Bilsteins, have run them in a variety of vehicles. If you are feeling spendy the Icon setup is rebuild-able which also usually means any competent off road shop can re-valve them to your liking.

Good luck on being one of the first, I'll hopefully be joining...

OP
OP
Jordan90

Jordan90

Reaction score
let us know if you find anything out I’ve tried a couple of the older kits for the magneride systems on chevy and had no luck. I’ve had Bilstein on a couple trucks and really felt like they performed well.

OP
OP
Jordan90

Jordan90

Reaction score
We actually have a shop here where we do lifts and accessories and from what they have told us they can’t get kits with the upper control arms right now without going with the icon not sure how true that is just what they had told us and I haven’t had any luck finding any other than icons

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven’t had any luck finding any other than icons

Brand of UCA shouldn't matter. They work completely independent from the struts. Icon is the only one available at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't use them with other suspension setups. As long as you are lifted, these will help.

https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections...4wd-tubular-delta-joint-upper-control-arm-kit

I know the spacer lifts are popular at the moment for many reasons, but a word of caution... They are fine for mall crawlers and trucks that spend 99% of the time on pavement. Which will be totally fine for most expi owners, but anyone who actually plans on taking their trucks off road need to stay away. They will be fine short term, but I have seen them do some ugly things to Raptors in the past.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker