Center Stack Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Hi all, been doing a lot of searching with absolutely zero luck. Hoping y'all can help me out. Hopefully someone can provide the correct terms/names and/or the thread(s) that discuss it. forum search as well as google gave me zero leads.

I'm trying to find information on the buttons in the center stack above the standard factory stereo (non sync/no nav). It looks like there are 2 banks of buttons, one left bank and 1 right bank. each with 3 button cut outs. My left bank buttons are all blank and my right bank buttons have only the traction control and hazard lights. The other button is blank.

The reason why I am inquiring is because I would like to utilize the blank button locations for accessory switches for an OEM look. Any guidance on how to utilize those spaces? Has anyone done this before and can point me to said thread? Thank you in advance!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, been doing a lot of searching with absolutely zero luck. Hoping y'all can help me out. Hopefully someone can provide the correct terms/names and/or the thread(s) that discuss it. forum search as well as google gave me zero leads.

I'm trying to find information on the buttons in the center stack above the standard factory stereo (non sync/no nav). It looks like there are 2 banks of buttons, one left bank and 1 right bank. each with 3 button cut outs. My left bank buttons are all blank and my right bank buttons have only the traction control and hazard lights. The other button is blank.

The reason why I am inquiring is because I would like to utilize the blank button locations for accessory switches for an OEM look. Any guidance on how to utilize those spaces? Has anyone done this before and can point me to said thread? Thank you in advance!

You should provide the year, make, model and trim line of your vehicle.

reklaw

Reaction score
On my 2008 King Ranch the left bank is for the info center or whatever it is called. The one cycles through the options, the other for for settings and the last is reset. The right set is for traction control, hazards, and the last button is the auto-liftgate.

OP
OP
D

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Yeah mine are blank. I want to either repurpose them into buttons by swapping the buttons or finding separate switches that fit into each of the recessed areas. I imagine I'm not the first one to inquire about reusing those blank areas.

reklaw

Reaction score
Yeah mine are blank. I want to either repurpose them into buttons by swapping the buttons or finding separate switches that fit into each of the recessed areas. I imagine I'm not the first one to inquire about reusing those blank areas.
Here's my thought for doing what you want to do. Assuming the blanks are just inserts that can pop out I would find some pushbutton momentary switches and then design a harness to hold the switch and a "cover button" that someone could 3D Print.

OP
OP
D

DeafBringer

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, Reklaw. Do you know if those buttons are 1 piece or individual buttons within a housing?

If they are one piece, could I buy used buttons with no blanks and repurpose them to run aux devices connected to them?

reklaw

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, Reklaw. Do you know if those buttons are 1 piece or individual buttons within a housing?

If they are one piece, could I buy used buttons with no blanks and repurpose them to run aux devices connected to them?

Sorry for the delay on this. I don't get email alerts. Anyway, I don't remember off the top of my head. If I can remember I'll check and post my findings.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

For a member to get an alert you must quote them like i have you or you can mention them by putting the "@" symbol in front of their name. @reklaw

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65