Ceramic Coating Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOB4254

Reaction score
Professionally ceramic coated my newly painted 1998 Expedition. The finish looks better then when I bought it new in 1998. Would like to apply a protective sealant over the ceramic coat. I have used 'Liquid Glass' for many years in the past.

Does anyone know if applying 'Liquid Glass' over the ceramic coat, will it damage the ceramic coat.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did a look at Liquid Glass and from what I can tell it's not a wax but some type of sealant. As I understand it, the ceramic treatment has already interacted chemically with your paint. Long way of saying, I'd play it cautious with the Liquid Glass. Not sure if it would damage the ceramic coat, but sounds like you would be buying product to do what you have already paid to have done. Seems like their is some debate about even using wax over ceramic, seems the wax attracts dust that the ceramic does not. If you must try maybe pick a small section and do a test, see what happens after 2-3 months.

Or even better, maybe someone with real life experience will respond.....

OP
OP
BOB4254

BOB4254

Reaction score
I'll try your advice and apply Liquid Glass to a test area on the roof. You are correct Liquid Glass is not a wax but a sealant. I'll get back to you with test results.

Thanks for your assistance