Changed my daily driver, What is your daily?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lwdavis

Reaction score
Hello All!

I just purchased this past weekend a 2020 Expedition Limited with the Stealth Package. Love the color and all the blacked out chrome (most of it anyways). My spouse has been giving me crud over the past few years that we never took my car anywhere, so I thought it was time to upgrade my daily. Im coming from a 2017 Dodge Charger with the 392 hemi, was pretty fast and sounded amazing. Other than that, I havent missed the charger while we drove ~150 miles home from picking up the Expy and the time Ive driven it around town. We will definitely be taking my car more around town and on the common road trips that we take for vacations. My 5yo and 2yo love the car and the deployable side steps. I checked out many other large SUVs and the ford was the best bang for the buck for me for the options I wanted. Didnt want to wait on any deals for the new GM products and not waiting on the Jeep Grand Wagoneer. I am getting used to the higher ride height and all the tech goodies that my charger didnt have. I also feel the the 3.5tt EB is no slouch. Very happy and I get better gas mileage and dont require premium anymore.

So, my question is if an Expedition is your daily and do you enjoy it as that?

Also the specs on my purchase:
2020 Expedition Limited 4x4 w/ Stealth package, Ruby Red Paint, and 2nd row captain = ~75,900MSRP
I purchased it as a courtesy vehicle with 1200 miles on it (int and ext looks brand new). I received 7k in rebated and 8800 in dealer discounts. I felt like it was a pretty good deal.
I also received 37k for my charger (19k miles on it) and I only paid 38.5k for it three years ago (i purchased it new as well). This definitely sweetened the deal!

Ford Expy Limited .jpeg

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is for now. We gave our Altima to my daughter when she left for school and haven't replaced it yet. The Expedition was supposed to be primarily a tow vehicle, but it's been racking up miles as a daily for several months since we let the Altima and our other car go. I really want an EV, because I'm cheap and for me low operations cost is a high priority. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't share my sentiment. And she turned the kids against me. They teased me incessantly for driving an Odyssey when the other families at softball had trucks and SUVs. Enjoy your new ride!

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes daily. Do i enjoy? I suppose. Its more of a need for me. I need space and seats. Would I love a 911 or bronco or a vintage g-wagon as a 3rd?...Yes, but that isnt in the cards right now.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, daily, though I don't do much driving since I retired. The only issue with daily is parking. It's kinda big, but I got cameras! I enjoy it very much. As sanman28 said, I'd like a toy, especially a CTS V, but probably not now.

I like your Charger. Thought about buying one as a toy, but prices really went up on them (and everything else). Before COVID, you could buy a really nice scat pack for around 35k, now you're looking at 39-44k.

Anyway........congrats.

OP
OP
L

lwdavis

Reaction score
Yes, daily, though I don't do much driving since I retired. The only issue with daily is parking. It's kinda big, but I got cameras! I enjoy it very much. As sanman28 said, I'd like a toy, especially a CTS V, but probably not now.

I like your Charger. Thought about buying one as a toy, but prices really went up on them (and everything else). Before COVID, you could buy a really nice scat pack for around 35k, now you're looking at 39-44k.

Anyway........congrats.

Thanks! Mine was a scat pack with just about every option. Super fun to drive but would scare the crap outta me sometimes. Couldnt imagine ever needing a hellcat. Anyways with used car prices moving up, it was a great time for me to sell used and buy new with all the discounts.

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
I work from home but I used to have a ram 2500 so had a lincoln mkz 3.0TT AWD that I used to use. My wife enjoyed driving that more than her Ford Edge sport so we decided she can have the lincoln and we traded the ram and edge in on the platinum. I dont mind daily driving the exp around since it gets pretty good gas mileage compared to the ram that got 12mpgs lol.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wife uses the Expedition as her daily driver when she want's to go anywhere. I am stuck with my beater 99 BMW 540 unless I need to go to Austin, then it is a 06 F350 CC DRW diesel.

Last edited:

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expy is my daily driver and I love it. The wife also has an MKZ 3.0 AWD and it is truly a HOT ROD LINCOLN. Anyway, the Expy makes for a great commuter, especially in heavy snow (6" yesterday and coming down right now.)

Tmg115

Reaction score
My expedition is my 2nd/ family vehicle. My everyday vehicle is a 2014 Tahoe PPV that I was able to buy new. It's a pretty good vehicle to zip around in. I want to try to keep the expedition nice and low on miles as long as I can

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy is daily. It’s better than anything I’ve had. I’ve had ve Chile’s that were better for a purpose, but not as good all around as the expy.

you got a smokin deal on both. Congrats.