Changing Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you losing power while driving? Is your battery being drained over night and it was good the day before? then you need. A NEW ALTERNATOR!
$(KGrHqIOKpUE6TucBgi7BOrr4IJi6!~~60_35.jpg

FOR THE LOW LOW TIME OF 2 HOURS YOU TOO CAN HAVE A NEW ALTERNATOR!

1. disconnect battery.
2. move intake out of the way. i just removed the part that goes to the tb and bent it towards my driver side.
3. breaker bar or old torque wrench like i used on idler arm. its a pain to get it on so take your time with it. dont want to bend a fan blade.
4. remove belt on top of alt. i just let mine hang. (inspect belt while your at it. good time to replace it if needed.)
5. remove the top screw on the alt thats for power to the battery. 10mm if i remember.
6. remove top 3 screws and bracket holding the alt to the block. 10mm i think as well.
7. remove bottom 2 screws holding alt to block. 10mm.
8. remove the 2 connectors to the alt.
9. take alt out.
10. go get it tested. its free. (mine was so dead an error popped up that they have never seen before.)

putting new one in.
1. connect connectors to alt.
2. lightly screw on the bottom 2 bolts to get the alt in place.
3. lightly screw on the 3 bolts with bracket to get the alt in place.
4. tighten all screws. (idk torque specs but i also dont have a trq wrench that small.)
5. place cable from alt to battery back on. tighten.
6. push the idler arm towards the driver side and put new/old belt on. (this is a pain cause the belt always seem to slip off other pullys.)
7. take out breaker bar/torque wrench. (i found it easier to get a pair of pliers and wedge it in between the bar/wrench and idler arm and squeeze. it should slide out that way.)
8. place intake tube back on.
9. battery terminal back on.

you should be good to go. also i think all bolts are 10mm but i could be wrong. ford seems to like 10mm for its bolts. you need pics lemme know.

old vs new.
0928011502.jpg