Changing behavior of door lock, windows, etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrot

Reaction score
I have a VW Passat as my first vehicule and a Ford Expedition. I don't really like a few things in the Expedition and wonder if they can be changed...

For example :
- Auto-lock doesn't unlock the rear doors and rear gate
- The windows up/down doesn't go up/down automatically so you have to hold the button

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
welcome to the world of lawyers(and costs).......that is the exact reason why those items will not do that. majority of these vehicles are purchased for family use, you do not want the doors opening up when there is a young child pulling on the door handle. that's why the rear seat doors calls for a more deliberate action to open them up....as for the windows....i would think that is a cost issue more than anything.....

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
One press of the unlock button opens the drivers door, a second press will open the rest of the doors.

My drivers window has auto-down.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One press of the unlock button opens the drivers door, a second press will open the rest of the doors.

My drivers window has auto-down.

Ditto. That's the way they've been for quite a few years. What year is the OP's Expy?

scottmeiners

Reaction score
On my 09, I can program those doors to unlock once I open the driver door. I beleive it's the Auto Unlock option. It was annoying until I found it. My 03 trailblazer that I had before it would unlock all the doors when the car was put into park.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have an 04 and it bothers me too but im getting use to hitting the unlock button before getting out. i guess an after market alarm can fix this issue.

OP
OP
C

carrot

Reaction score
I think that the problem is owning 2 completely different brands of cars :)

You get use to 1 of them then you purchase the other and you actually never get used to it because you are always using both.

I always go to the read hatch and it goes out "damn!". Got to back to the driver door and unlock...

I guess I'll just get used to it. I also which they would have put a little angle to the roof panel button so I don't need to lower my head and look what I'm pressing to open the moon roof.

I love the expedition, but they should have put much more little drawers here and there. Feels like a clutter in there compared to the Passat when you have a bunch of gadgets.

Thanks for all your replies.