Check Brake System Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Mickelson

Reaction score
Re-posting

(Check Brake System) This message is on my 2011 expedition. I changed out the parking brake switch thinking this possibly could be the problem, it was not.... Everything else is just fine, brake fluid level remains the same, no fluid leaks anywhere, braking has never change still stops on a dime. I did a temporary fix about 6 months ago with a piece of tape over the light, that was over 15,000 miles ago. I'm not about to take this to my local dealer so he can rip my head off. Now the real question is, has anyone else had the same issue? I don't need people to just keep guessing. I already read most of the guesses. Their has to be others out here that have had the same problem.

Update today: I run another scan, still no codes show up! Also did another computer reset, That did not help either - Message is still there.
It is my understanding that the Brake Fluid Level Sensor is also on the same circuit. Under the brake fluid reservoir is where the Sensor is located. That being said If it is bad, Ford does not offer this part with out buying the whole master cylinder assembly. Yet this simply plugs in place and is removed by just pulling on it..... Does anyone know if there might be a aftermarket available? There has to be some here that has had the same problem and can chime in?

OP
OP
Richard Mickelson

Richard Mickelson

Reaction score
Did I stump everyone? Does anyone on the forum have any suggestions as to where I might look next? I have searched all over the internet for any solutions only to come up with zip.

Jonjon

Reaction score
Did I stump everyone? Does anyone on the forum have any suggestions as to where I might look next? I have searched all over the internet for any solutions only to come up with zip.
Have you figured out a solution to this issue? I'm having same problem on my 09.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There’s probably is a code however its going to be a “Ford” code meaning you will need a Ford scan tool or a scan tool that can read manufacture codes. Also we dont have the vehicle the physically look at so everyone’s response is going to be a guess.

Reaction score
I'm going through that now. And I just bought it 12 days ago. Please lmk if there's a fix. Thinking about taking it to brake masters. They fixed the abs issue on my wife's forte.